Cake Stand and Plates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castanea

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to make a cake stand for absolutely ages but not found the time. At our club a few weeks ago someone asked if it was possible to make one out of a single piece of wood. As you can see, in some circumstances the answer is yes! I made a set of dinner plates while I was at it.
The cake stand is cherry, the plates are bog oak.

Stand 1.JPG

Plates 1.JPG

Plates 2.JPG

Both 1.JPG

Both 2.JPG

Stand 2.JPG

Attachments

• Stand 1.JPG
    Stand 1.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Both 1.JPG
    Both 1.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Both 2.JPG
    Both 2.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Stand 2.JPG
    Stand 2.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Plates 1.JPG
    Plates 1.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Plates 2.JPG
    Plates 2.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,039
Having made a tiny one I may feel the need to have a go at the full sized version some time soon. Hopefully if I do either my other half or my daughter will take the hint and fill it with delicious cakes!

Duncan, the bog oak is all cracky and awkward and unpredictable but I do have plenty of it! I'm in Northampton so if you ever want to pick some up just drop me a line.
Oh - and if you're after walnut there was a chap in Yardley Hastings had some. That funny garden centre on the Bedford Road - Pimms I think - it's all cut badly and was cracking when I saw it but depends what you want it for. Might be worth a look if you're passing. They're closed on Mondays by the way!
Cheers

Not sure why I mentioned walnut - for some reason I thought you'd mentioned wanting some! Anyway, a very kind offer, and I'd love to swap something else for bog oak, so I've sent you a PM

Duncan

Back