CAD Gallery - Comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that there is a whole degree of extra difficulty introduced when you try to do what might be called routing, or subtractive, follow-me operations as compared to casting, or additive, ones.

Dave's example of the door frame in the other thread is a good example. If the frame were first created with rectangular cross section, and then bits removed, as you would do with a router, to form the final article, the whole process becomes much harder. The trouble is that this is the way that we as sawdust producers tend to think, 'cos this is the way we make things.

Does that match with anyone else's experience?

Alright, I ended up with a SketchUp tutorial based on John's router fence. Problem is, I don't have anywhere to post it. I can either e-mail it to folks if they want to PM me or if someone else has a bit of server space available to host it, I can send it there.

BTW, I saved it as a Version 4 file so those who don't have V5 can still see it.

Dave R":1y6dagc5 said:
Lee, thanks. Chris (waterhead) sent me a PM and I sent it to him. If you want, though I'll send it to you, too.

Thanks Dave
I have put it on my site in the files section as well. It may save some of Chris's Bandwidth.

Feel free to grab the file.

Lee.

Latest posts

Back