CAD Gallery - Comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the sketchup tutorial series still runnng here? I seem to remember reading some interesting posts on this by someone before I went on holiday but I can't find it now? Can anyone help I am a novice with sketchup and would like to learn more. Thanks.

mailee":1i6vqdnv said:
Is the sketchup tutorial series still runnng here? I seem to remember reading some interesting posts on this by someone before I went on holiday but I can't find it now? Can anyone help I am a novice with sketchup and would like to learn more. Thanks.

Dave......Daaaavve.......DAAAAAAAAAVVVVE

Someone else needs you :wink: :roll:

Dave R":1po54kr6 said:
Hmm...unhh...what? Who? Me? Sorry, I was dozing. :D

Is someone looking for tutorials for SketchUp?

Mailee a couple of posts above... :wink:

Mailee, Dave R is the bod you need... his tutorials are the best thing since chopped bakery products!

The spline thing came up early last year on the SU forum about the time the original Bezier script was done. I don't know if it isn't possible to do a spline script but it never got written. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the spline than the Bezier curve option but alas, no joy.

Hey Dave, have you been to the pub at lunchtime again :lol:
You keep repeating yourself. :?:

Or is it gremlins in the system again.

:D Lee.

Dave R":2ml280r0 said:
(snip)
Mailee, what would do you want to know how to do in SU?

Eh??? Dave you been at the boozer again? :wink: First the conflustication sentence and then the repeated... then the repeated reply. :-s

Edit: Bah... Lee beat me to it :p

Must be the gremlins. I haven't been to the pub yet. :D I still have about an hour and a half before I get to do that. Sorry about that. Do you suppose Mailee was confused by my question? Do I need to restate it?

Must be the gremlins. I haven't been to the pub yet. I still have about an hour and a half before I get to do that. Sorry about that. Do you suppose Mailee was confused by my question? Do I need to restate it?

How does that happen?

Hi Dave, well I am stuck on the follow me tool, I want to make a panelled door section and draw the section on the edge and then click the follow me tool. problem is that it just won't seem to follow me around a curve. I seem to have trouble with the length of the object i am using in that the far end where i want the profile to end is just too far away or out of the screen so I can't touch on it to end the tools route. I hope this makes sense to you. Also I have never used layers, how do they work and how do i access them? Many thanks. Got to admit Sketchup is a great tool after using Autocad and Turbocad and trying to get the hang of 3D in those.

Just a quick note to let you know I've come back from the pub, read your questions and will answer shortly. I have an errand to run but I'll be back.

The Follow Me tool?.. That's got to be the easiest tool in Sketchup to use, yeah? I've never had any problems using that fine facility. It always does what I want it to do.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

(Sarcasm Mode Off)

*mumblemumblesoddinthingsapaininthedonkey*

The "Follow Me" tool should have been called the "Don't You DARE Follow Me" tool as it's damn hard to get the hang of (and I still haven't totally got to grips with it even now after hours of messing with it to try getting repeatable results). For me it always either does too much or not enough... or it goes wild and changes the whole model into some wierd abstract art show. I've swore at that tool for soddin' hours lol.

I find the easiest way to use the FMT is to pre-select the path, though you then lose the excitement of trying to guess where it will go next :roll:

Dave R":5uii78wk said:
John, did you see my post to mailee?

Yeah, I did. I'll have to try that. I never have problems with the outside edge... it's just the inside edge that really confuses me. I've tried loads of times and not succeeded most of the time. I end up 95% of the time pulling the shape around the lines I need changed - the other 5% of the time I give up. For instance on that router table fence - the moving fence face handles. I could roundover parts of the inside of the handle but not the edge that is part of the main part of it (if you can understand that you are a genius but I'm doped on my morphine and ibuprofen so I'm a little zonky atm and can't think clearly. In fact I'm typing this with my eyes closed listening to the birds yelling at each other :)).

Wow! :shock: I did understand that. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet, though. :D When I get to work this morning, I'll see if I can make you an example to show how it could be done.

Back