Bypassing NVR Switch on Chip Extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wizer,

Your NVR is one of the mechanically actuated ones that I wrote about in my second section. So Roger's method can't be used.

Having removed the two crimps off the red wires, you have three options.

1) Crimp on two MALE insulated crimp blades and connect one each to the blue and brown female crimps.

2)Cut the crimps off the blue and brown and use a crimp butt splice to connect one red to each .

3) cut the crimps off and use a two connector block (choc block) to make the connections in 2 above.

Replace the plate with the NVR in to cover up the connections.

OH Yes - don't forget to unplug it first!! and use a proper ratchet crimp tool to make a safe crimp.

Bob

thanks Bob. So in short. Connect each red wire to the blue and brown consecutively. ?

Mine was much easier, just snip the NVR out an stick the same colour wires back together. Took 2 mins and saved me £25

wizer":1v5s80rt said:
thanks Bob. So in short. Connect each red wire to the blue and brown consecutively. ?

That is not how I'd put it Tom.

Try this.

Connect one red wire to the blue one; and then the other red wire to the brown in a insulated reliable manner.

Bob

TrimTheKing":2i504car said:
Tom

Can you please video you doing this, and show the missus how to post it on YouTube, you know, just in case...

;)

or even better set up a webcam and let us know so we can watch it in real time ....:twisted:

Actually :idea: :idea: mobile phone? 3G? video stream to Bob in realtime ?

I'm not sure that I could bear to watch the actions of a chap who can rip crimps off with his bare hands.

I think I'll just read about it afterwards :lol: :lol:

Bob

hehe honestly, they just slid out as I lifted it. Have you seen me? My missus tethers me down on windy days :lol:

wizer":p5cez8e8 said:
My missus tethers me down on windy days

Tom, What you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you! and posting about it here possibly provides more detail that we need :lol: :lol:

Bob

BTW if the crimps were that weak, I suggest you try tugging on the others to make sure they have been done better.

california_fire_080509_2.jpg

oooops #-o

Just kidding. Just went out there and did it. Now I have a remote on my lathe and a remote on my P/T. No more contorting myself around the drill press and over the lathe to...just...reach...the...switch :-s :lol:

Thanks chaps. I've got a bit too long without a calamity. Not sure if that's good thing or not?

Latest posts

Back