Buying tools near Harrogate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greedo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick one. Where's the best place to buy hand and power tools near Harrogate. Not looking for a small shop. Looking for a place that sell a wide range of quality brands of planes, chisels and all other woodworking tools. I will travel so not an issue but the closer to Harrogate the better.

online, or have a day out I think.

I am in north Leeds, and haven't found anywhere yet that is local and sells anything useful. You do get the woodworking show once a year in Harrogate, but that is November/December

Cheers. I'll rephrase it. Any great hand tool shops within a couple of hours drive of Harrogate?

Before I recommend this company, I must declare that I work there, but I do not benefit in any way.
The company is called Geo Spence & Sons Ltd, Wellington Road, Leeds, LS12 1DX.
We are a small independent tool, power tool and hardware shop.

Btw Greedo, where do you recommend buying hardwoods locally? I have googled but always prefer recommendations.

For power tools, PowerPoint northern are good at Thirsk. They are dealers for makita, dewalt and festool. They carry hand tools as well, but not a great deal.

Nickrose":1ug3icvu said:
Btw Greedo, where do you recommend buying hardwoods locally? I have googled but always prefer recommendations.

I'm not Greedo, but I occasionally call in at Duffield Timber on my way back North from Leeds.

Nickrose":2unqgrv9 said:
Before I recommend this company, I must declare that I work there, but I do not benefit in any way.

Another +1 for Duffield.
I was there on saturday, bit disappointed to see they have stopped stocking beech in the retail shed. If you want any you need to order it for collection a couple of days before hand.

fezman":17vnu5x3 said:
Nickrose":17vnu5x3 said:

Another +1 for Duffield.
I was there on saturday, bit disappointed to see they have stopped stocking beech in the retail shed. If you want any you need to order it for collection a couple of days before hand.
Really? That is annoying. I only just bought sawn beech from there a couple of weeks ago and I may need more.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Back