Buying Secndhand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see, Here's what I've bought (or traded) second hand:

-Startrite Table Saw (a joy to use--nicer than my Dad's old Rockwell Unisaw, which is no lemon). Found on Ebay

-Multico Planer (needed some TLC, but a solid machine). Found on Ebay.

-Makita Handheld power planer (traded with a fine member of this forum-- I had a 240v, he had a 110v--straight swap).

-AEG/Milwaukee 6" Random Orbital Sander. Found on Ebay.

-Makita Hammer Drill. (Given to me by a customer. Heavy but indestructable.)

-Milwaukee 18v Cordless Hammer Drill. (Recently had to replace motor because carbon brush holders had melted. Holders were not replaceable on their own, and the motor was only $60. I had used and abused the drill for about five years, and someone else had for 2 years previously. I thought the $60 was well worth it to keep using a trusted tool.) Found on Ebay.

-Milwaukee Cordless Circular Saw. Found on Ebay.

-Hitachi 12" Compound Mitre Saw. Found on Ebay.

-Freud Biscuit Jointer (Resold, only because it was 240v, and I was moving back to U.S.)

-Rockwell 20" Industrial Bandsaw. (Acquired for free--complicated story I won't go into here. It needs about $300 worth of parts to get it up and running. It needs a single phase motor, new tires, blades, and guides. To buy a new machine approaching this capacity and quality would cost in the thousands.)

There may be more that I can't think of right now, but I'm very happy with the quality tools and machines I have bought secondhand. I wouldn't even like to begin listing the rubbish I have bought new. Generally, I find secondhand to be far better value for money than new (as long as you know what you're looking for).

Brad

Back