Burglaries upp 400% in my county in western finland

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisCA

Established Member
Reaction score
That means there were 4 more burglaries last year, compared to the year before. This place is going downhill fast!

Jethro the comedian used to say at the beginning of an evening (using the name of any nearby town) anyone 'ere from Camborne? A host of hands would go up. Brilliant, he'd say, my brother's working in Camborne tonight - he's a burglar

DennisCA":12g3g22o said:
That means there were 4 more burglaries last year, compared to the year before. This place is going downhill fast!

Yeah, I know how you feel. We also had a few a couple years ago. :)

I dread turning on the radio in the morning nowadays, every day seems to be doom and gloom and horror stories.
I listen to Eastern Karelia Radio ( Finnish radio) on the internet, major news stories today are about the poor strawberry season, and an escaped cow...

Over the last few years I have been fortunate to travel extensively in Finland, and I was always amazed by the honesty and integrity of the everyone. People used to leave their telephones, wallets, handbags on train seats unattended for hours whilst they went to the food carriage to get a snack, never concerned of anything being taken,

The first time I was in Helsinki I asked the hotel receptionist which parts of the city I should avoid perhaps after dark.....looking rather confused she informed me that all parts of the city are safe and everywhere is very well illuminated. If I get lost anyone will be willing to help me.

Finland is the most friendly, safe place I think I've ever been.

It's also a very very beautiful country, and not very expensive.

Latest posts

Back