Builders' PVA glue question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lachlan

Reaction score
A couple of years ago a builder left about 1 litre of white glue, made by 4tradeproducts, a UK company with a Web site. It looks identical to the PVA glue that I have used for years and on a test it works like PVA glue. I need to buy some more but am thinking of using what is in the builder's container.

Bearing in mind that glue is a rather important part of woodworking, would it be a good idea to do that?

Thanks.

I'll be interested to see what people think about this. In a pinch, I used a builder's PVA from Screwfix, in a yellow gallon can, to glue up a beech shoe rack maybe 6 years ago. Aha, here it is:

srack.jpg

It is still in my hall, in one piece.

Attachments

• srack.jpg
    srack.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 10
phil.p":24z9lyko said:
Use it to mix in mortar or to coat turnery blanks or something. Everbuild D3 or D4 PVA from Toolstation is only £5 - £7 per litre , it really isn't worth taking chances for what the stuff costs.

I share Phil's opinion in all respects.

Yes, I do really. I've switched to Titebond 3 these days. But the is the evidence that you can at least sometimes get away with it.

Back