BS400 TYRES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one quote found on the net, there are so many that you cant even get a true definition anymore;

But that leaves us with another sense, the more common one (at least in Britain and Australia) of an incompetent mender of things, which Americans and some British people may prefer to see spelled botcher. In both spellings this comes from the Middle English bocchen, which had a sense of repairing or patching. It could be significant that in medieval times it was a neutral term that had no associations with doing a job badly. It’s possible that this old sense of the word survived in dialect or local usage, and evolved into the furniture bodger, while its meaning in the standard language changed.

Hi Skipdiver
I do believe you'very summed it up and we were all partially correct, just needed someone to put it together.

Well done, you're not per chance a diplomat in real life.

Marty

Skip diver
A kindred spirit, but I also tend to get tired of people pretty quickly, and a bit of a miserable git, probably why people get pee'd off with me.
But I am a happy sort of soul within myself.
Marty

Latest posts

Back