British Hardwoods. Hobby Packs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisR

Established Member
Reaction score
British Hardwoods.
http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk

The above sell four different hobby packs of assorted hardwoods, ranging in price from £20.00 to £28.00.
One is just oak, the others are a selection of oak plus other hardwoods.

The question, has anyone purchased any of these packs, if so did you consider it was value for money, and was the timber in useful sizes, I know that’s like how long is a piece of string, depending on what project you had in mind, but in general was it in workable sizes. I think the lengths are approx 1mtr.

Also, what is their customer service like.

Many thanks.

Chris R.

ChrisR":3cgdho6u said:
British Hardwoods.
http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk

The above sell four different hobby packs of assorted hardwoods, ranging in price from £20.00 to £28.00.
One is just oak, the others are a selection of oak plus other hardwoods.

The question, has anyone purchased any of these packs, if so did you consider it was value for money, and was the timber in useful sizes, I know that’s like how long is a piece of string, depending on what project you had in mind, but in general was it in workable sizes. I think the lengths are approx 1mtr.

Also, what is their customer service like.

Many thanks.

Chris R.
I've used them from time to time and always found their service first class. Their timber can be expensive but bought with thought as to sizes there can be virtually no waste. I have bought a couple of their hobby packs and they seemed fair value and an easy way to top up for a project. Their stuff has always been fault free and nearly even knot free! Their packing is impressive, on planks, bubble wrapped and cardboard edge protectors. Carriage is expensive (not just this firm but anywhere) so it pays to work out a decent sized order and not just get one item.

I have used them once for timber (not a hobby pack). Service was good, although there was quite a lead time. Timber was 1st class

Apologies for hijacking the thread but has anyone been in the flesh ?

Its about an hours drive for me, worth it ?

Many thanks to all, I think I will give them a try.
Now to negotiate with my chancellor to release the necessary funds. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

Yes I've been too. The place is an industrial unit where they produce roughly what you see on the website, mostly kitchen worktops. The timber is well racked and in an open and light space. The off-cuts bin is worth looking at, mostly 30mm stuff when I was there, but sold by the kilogram. I found the showroom disappointing, hoping to see tools, but there were mostly finishing products. That mat not be a bad thing of course.

If you are looking for sawn timber in that area you might like to give http://www.keighleytreeservices.com/ a ring. Just the other side of town. They are basically tree fellers, converting to logs. However they have (had) a dark dusty loft with sizeable planks of tree sawn on site. I spotted Elm with traces of the bark beetle from 1970's, the stock is end reared and being dusty is difficult to identify. Still worth a ring for chunky stuff.
xy

Back