Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big success of the EU is that after very many centuries of conflict and war in Europe, that prospect has all but disappeared, except perhsps in the Balkans.

Maybe I'm misguided in my history but I always thought one of the core intentions of integrating Europe was to minimise the chances of war, the "League of Nations" being the starting point way back in the 1920s(ish)?

The Balkans seem to have mostly sorted out their conflicts now, we're still left with some issues that could ignite because of separatist issues but they're relatively minimal, eg Catalonia, Basques, Scotland, Cornwall, Sealand....

@jcassidy doesn't matter we're not in it any more. So the first genuine benefit of leave has been found, we can shoot Bojo and his gimps from a big canon into the ocean and leave them there
Well, you know what... all these years I thought Brexit was a national act of self harm, enabled by a populace mixing ignorance with jingoism, sold by charlatans and conmen, and backed by non-dom non-tax paying billionaire media moguls. And it turns out I was wrong. The chance to fire the sexually-incontinent pidgin-latin spouting sack of shi...zle into the sea may make it worthwhile.

Allow me to add National Front Nige to the payload and I'll bloody well collect on the behalf of vote leave.

Anyway, in other news, I'm glad to see the reduced bureaucracy benefits coming into play: Brexit: Lorry drivers handed £32,000 in fines since New Year's Day

Sure, we all saw how brits managed Dunkirk
'tis a pet peeve, but since great-granddad wound up in the dubsters for a few weeks (and how you did that is a bit of rather important history for the military history buffs to go look up), I'd really like to see someone mention the French 12th Motorised Infantry Division or the French First Army when talking about Dunkirk, since them fighting off three german panzer divisions (to the death btw) is why the BEF got to Dunkirk at all instead of being massacred on the banks of the Dyle.

Also, slightly worse news, the last few days have been the grace period for shipping from the continent:
ErNrEwMWMAEqti8.jpg

Also, slightly worse news, the last few days have been the grace period for shipping from the continent

You aren't allowed to quote from the FT, they've always been pro EU and therefore are considered to be part of "project fear"

So please re-post with a quote from the Daily Express, where you will discover the truth: it's all the fault of the EU bullying us, or its Macrons fault, or it could the fault of unspecified furrinors.

You aren't allowed to quote from the FT, they've always been pro EU and therefore are considered to be part of "project fear"

So please re-post with a quote from the Daily Express, where you will discover the truth: it's all the fault of the EU bullying us, or its Macrons fault, or it could the fault of unspecified furrinors.
You want a quote from the Excrementspress? Go on then...

FB_IMG_1610125934602.jpg

😁

Remember:

We ban them = Taking back control! Power! Sovereignty!
They ban us = Bloody forriners!/EU!/Snowflakes!

etc. etc.

Yes and it's things like this that are worrying for the future. If the story had been "well we did it to them, so no surprise they did it to us. We need to be adults and sort this out" it would have been a) much better and b) the cause of the Express losing sales forever.

Have people REALLY lost the ability to process information that isn't in their favour?

Yes and it's things like this that are worrying for the future. If the story had been "well we did it to them, so no surprise they did it to us. We need to be adults and sort this out" it would have been a) much better and b) the cause of the Express losing sales forever.

Have people REALLY lost the ability to process information that isn't in their favour?

I think you have a very good point here.

It's fine to have a difference of opinions, and some can be in favour of brexit and some against it. As long as there is some reasoning behind (and respect for the other side)

But it looks like nowadays people don't bother to think. They read something on internet (preferably some dodgy website/newspaper/Facebook post) and just repeat it. No thinking, no checking.

And not only for the brexit. The Covid vaccination is a very good example (did you know there are 5G chips in the vaccine ?)

It's fine to have a difference of opinions, and some can be in favour of brexit and some against it. As long as there is some reasoning behind (and respect for the other side

What makes the Brexit debate so hard is the endless dishonesty....mostly from the Leave side, although the remain project fear in 2016 was also dishonest.

every Brexit debate is pretty much taken up with debunking dishonest or misleading claims there's nothing left for meaningful debate.

EU membership for UK did have problems and there are some opportunities for the UK now it's left. But those debates have never been had and never will because the Leave campaign was and still is built on stuff that's not true, namely sovereignty, freedom, fishing etc.

But those debates have never been had and never will because the Leave campaign was and still is built on stuff that's not true, namely sovereignty, freedom, fishing etc.
And a reduction in bureaucracy... which is going as well as predicted: Brexit: The reality dawns

Oh, and £350 mil a week for the NHS. But it seems we're just clapping for them again instead.

Oh, and £350 mil a week for the NHS. But it seems we're just clapping for them again instead.

I bet the government are thankful to Captain Sir Tom Moore who managed to raise more for the NHS than Brexit has, and none of it from the public purse.

And a reduction in bureaucracy..

Rules of origin checks
Sanitary and phytosanitary controls
Transit documents
Customs declarations
VAT complications
Product certification no longer accepted
Replication of REACH now required.

I've heard of countless business owners who have moved their companies from UK to be inside the Single Market.....it's the only way they can continue to be competitive.

I've heard of countless business owners who have moved their companies from UK to be inside the Single Market.....it's the only way they can continue to be competitive.
Well, it's worked for Leave.eu (they've "moved" to Ireland, as it was required for them to keep their .eu domain). Irony. Etc.

Well, it's worked for Leave.eu (they've "moved" to Ireland, as it was required for them to keep their .eu domain). Irony. Etc.

Which is against EU IP regulations.
Apparently some bloke in Co Waterford has just found out he is the point of email contact for them. Investigation on it's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back