Bridge City japanese saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyavast

Established Member
Reaction score
I've ordered four Japanese saws from Bridge City Toolworks...

I'm far too impulsive, I'm sure it'll be my ruin.

Anyhow, I bought a Dozuki with a very fine TPI indeed.
thumb_1101-130.jpg

and a set of three which were on sale.
resize_sawbundle.gif

I don't know if it's a gloat or not, because I really don't know what to expect! As I said... I'm far too bloody impulsive. :roll: :D

Andy

they should be good. never used one myself. but should produce a nice clean neat cut. let us know how you get on.

As an update I received these saws yesterday...four days after I ordered them direct from Oregon. Thats pretty good service for Fedex economy! I went to a gig last night, but had time to try the saws out quickly on a bit of 1/2" thick american black walnut I had in the house. To be honest I was amazed.

I'm new to japanese tools and I have no experience with saws of this type, but cutting a few rip and crosscuts felt so natural and effortless I was left stunned. The kerf left by the 32TPI dozuki looks like a knifed line on the timber and the finish straight from the saw looks practically planed.

I think i'll get some time to cut some practice joints tonight, and if anyone is interested I could post some images on here. :D

Andy

andyavast":21zp5bo9 said:
I think i'll get some time to cut some practice joints tonight, and if anyone is interested I could post some images on here. :D
Without pictures it didn't happen, you could be making it all up. :shock:

Well no that's just a cover story for me being a nosey old git who would like to see your new toys in action. :oops: :roll:

Latest posts

Back