Brexit The Movie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yorkshire Sam":3ksnwvyg said:
phil.p":3ksnwvyg said:
Sorry to be pedantic - you didn't vote on joining, you voted on whether to stay in. If the vote had been on going in, the outcome might have been different.

Sorry you are wrong. This was when we first joined the common market. Up till then we were not involved. The older ones may remember that even then France didnt want us to join and kept blocking our entry!
Sorry, you are wrong. We joined in 1973. The referendum was in 1975 - whether we stayed in or got out. Easily googled. :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 499297.stm

Terry - Somerset":oulssv5e said:
.... Many members of the forum (probably skewed towards the more mature) may have very personal memories of the conflict. ....
I doubt it.
I was born in 1944. I don't remember a thing even though I was within hearing range of one of the last buzz bombs to hit (I'm told).
To remember anything much you'd have to be getting on for 80. To be a participant you'd have to be 90+

Yeah but a lot of 60+ year olds on this forum think they are in WWII. Actually many probably think they are still running a 19th century cotton mill. :D

MIGNAL":kqac5abw said:
Yeah but a lot of 60+ year olds on this forum think they are in WWII. Actually many probably think they are still running a 19th century cotton mill. :D
And they see the expansion of the EU as victory for Hitler.
BTW Hitler is no longer with us, apparently. Somebody should tell them. :lol:

MIGNAL":1zkqwc1m said:
That's true. All these old codgers voting out when the young want in. May as well be unselfish and vote remain. We've done our deeds, had our time.

I'm not old, according to my birth certificate anyway, and I'm voting out. (hammer)

phil.p":2fwm97xv said:
The young will want in as they have rose coloured glasses and no knowledge or experience. I cannot blame them, but they need protecting from themselves sometimes.

No need, most of them will have been far too busy exercising their thumbs on a mobile phone to even have considered registering to vote.
Too late, I expect (hope) they will suddenly realise they can't vote! :lol:

Even if the old codgers sway the vote I have a gut feeling that this is what we will end up with:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... gian-model

Not much of an 'out' vote. Of course I could be wrong but the idea that we can somehow become detached, masters of our own destiny, in control of our borders. . . . . I just don't buy it. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back