Brass Woodscrews

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a really good supplier of brass woodscrews with an excellent range of sizes and at competitive prices, I found a place called screwline but they are now in the process of selling up :cry:

I agree with Jason. But, I've never had any trouble with the ones from Toolstation, either...

Pete Robinson":3ozvwpmw said:
Does anyone know of a really good supplier of brass woodscrews with an excellent range of sizes and at competitive prices, I found a place called screwline but they are now in the process of selling up :cry:

Did you mean screws line?

I've used them and they are fine, I'd be sorry to see them go.

As I said I don't know these guys, just come across them in fact. They certainly seem to cover a lot of stuff. If you do use them in would be good to hear of your experience. Of course the real test happens if something goes wrong with an order, I hope that isn't the case with you :) .

xy

I'm just bitching with my son at the moment, who has fitted new doors throughout and used cross-head screws. I intend to get him to replace them all with slots (slots lined up, of course).
So I'll need a few!

(Incidentally, the guy who refurbed the outside of our house used slotted screws for the door furniture and lined the slots up without being told! But then, I taught him history many years ago...)

Yeah, at least with slots it's easy to clean out the dried paint :). Wouldn't do here abouts to say which tool is often used :oops:

xy

I've used sitebox before, they are fine (well they delivered the goods, quickly, no problems experienced - I can't say if they would pass the Rutlands' test)

Pete,

I may be talking utter cr&p as usual, but there is a shop out Anstey way that sells "quality" fittings - assume they have screws too

I find Screwfix etc Brass is a strange material - its too bright IMHO

Edit - here yer go http://www.broughtons.com/

Do you remember when they had a shop in Leicester centre :lol:

Back