Brand new Triton Router (TRA001) for sale.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterT

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Triton Router TRA001 for sale.
It is brand new, unused, and still in the original shrink-wrapped box.
I am looking for £100 for it.
I would really prefer the purchaser to collect it from me, in Leicester, rather than have to post it.

Hope someone is interested, and can collect.

Peter

Same deal going here.. Brand spanking new Triton TRA001 - Still in the shrink-wrap, complete with the receipt. £100 cash... collection from Warlingham, near J6 on the M25. - PM me if interested

Edit 31/05/09 : Router has been sold now.

What's wrong with the TRA001 ? lots being sold, yes obsolete but surely that doesn't stop it being usable - or isn't it ?

laird":5q78ufun said:
What's wrong with the TRA001 ? lots being sold, yes obsolete but surely that doesn't stop it being usable - or isn't it ?

Nothing wrong with it, a great router especially when mounted in a table. When B&Q stopped selling Triton they started discounting them from the original £250 down to 199, then 179, 149 and finally 99 as a clearance sale. A number of people purchased multiple units so other who were unable to get one from B&Q could get them via the forum. I guess a few are still out there unused.

Also the future of Triton is in some turmoil I believe. Argee of this parish had some dealings with Triton as a demonstrator I believe, sure he can let you know the status better than I can.

I have one and love it, bit heavy for a handheld or I would have another.

Ah, all clear now, thanks and forgive my question, I'm pleased that the sellers didn't take it to mean anything that wasn't intended - I suddenly thought over my roast beef sarnie lunch that my post could be horribly mis-construed. :arrow:

Hope you have a bit of horseradish sauce on that.

Peter Ts is spoken for so hands off!!!
I collect it next week when I get back home :lol: :lol: :lol:

cutting42":x1jo036w said:
laird":x1jo036w said:

Nothing wrong with it, a great router especially when mounted in a table. When B&Q stopped selling Triton they started discounting them from the original £250 down to 199, then 179, 149 and finally 99 as a clearance sale. A number of people purchased multiple units so other who were unable to get one from B&Q could get them via the forum. I guess a few are still out there unused.

Also the future of Triton is in some turmoil I believe. Argee of this parish had some dealings with Triton as a demonstrator I believe, sure he can let you know the status better than I can.

I have one and love it, bit heavy for a handheld or I would have another.

TRA001 isn't exactly obsolete, it was still current when Triton last traded.

The problem with Triton is it's parent, GMC Australia went slightly belly up. The administrators sold the assets to a consortiom, er, including some of the previous GMC Australia management in Feb/March. Further information is scarce.

Those interested can view the Australian woodwork forums and googles for toolpete may be productive too.

johncs":3vgc6981 said:
The problem with Triton is it's parent, GMC Australia went slightly belly up.
The problem is actually with posters like this who claim to have knowledge, but run to the Australian forum moderators like a spoiled child when you call them on it, even via a PM.

I've already covered the history and background to the GMC demise elsewhere and given an honest opinion on the future prospects for Triton. One ex-employee has fobbed members off with "wait and see" promises that came to nothing, but has now secured a hodge-podge of cast-offs and rubbish that the receivers didn't want, claiming that he has "secured all the spares." In the meanwhile, another employee, having failed to secure himself a place with the receivers, baled out.

As I said elsewhere, allowing the former owners of GMC to place a holding bid on the remains was the worst possible decision for the future - where's the incentive to resurrect when they've cleared all their debt?

There are several groups bidding for the Triton brand, some presentations have been made to the former owners (there's arrogance for you - muck up the company, then get to approve who takes it over!). No decision will be made before June and until then, searching for info is fruitless, whatever anyone else says.

My opinion remains that Triton - in its previous format - is dead and buried. I also believe that the pressed steel component side (Workcentre and Router Table, etc.) are unlikely to re-surface. The power tools side may survive under another brand name - my favourite is the Lamborghini range (fashion-designer son of the car-maker), but we'll have to wait and see. HTH :)

Ray

Argee":2zadk5z2 said:
johncs":2zadk5z2 said:
The problem with Triton is it's parent, GMC Australia went slightly belly up.
The problem is actually with posters like this who claim to have knowledge, but run to the Australian forum moderators like a spoiled child when you call them on it, even via a PM.

I

Unlike Ray, I will name names. I feel he's taking a shot at me.

I'm johncs on the Australian forum.
Ray is rayintheuk
The only employee of GMCA I know of who participates in the forum, and one Ray alludes to, is Eagle.

I invite any interested to view the postings of the three of us and make up your own minds. Ray is quite knowledgeable with regard to Triton tools, but while I've seen lots of idle - dare I say malicious? - speculation from him, I've not seen anything a decent detective would consider "evidence" to support his assertions about GMCA or Triton.

johncs":1eruukgw said:
Unlike Ray, I will name names. I feel he's taking a shot at me. ... The only employee of GMCA I know of who participates in the forum, and one Ray alludes to, is Eagle.
Of course I'm taking a shot at you, because you claim knowledge you don't have. There were at least four employees on the Oz forum, but if you didn't know that, where's your credibility?

Eagle was only ever looking after his own interests, as was GH (another employee poster, although not under that handle, who was so threatened by my participation that he demanded - to the European manager of Triton/GMC - that I removed "Triton UK Demonstrator" from my forum signature). When did you ever work for Triton, by the way?

I'm sure you don't appreciate a Pom knowing more about this subject than you do, but you'll just have to grow up and live with it. If you hadn't worked it out by now, your opinion is of no interest or value to me, as you've nothing to base it upon apart from second-hand gossip.

I apologise to UK forum members for this, but I'll try harder in the future to ignore this poster. No guarantees, though! :)

RG

At least Peter managed to sell his router after all this, eh! Your help in all matters Triton is appreciated Ray......

Argee":1vrtn7oc said:
johncs":1vrtn7oc said:
Unlike Ray, I will name names. I feel he's taking a shot at me. ... The only employee of GMCA I know of who participates in the forum, and one Ray alludes to, is Eagle.
Of course I'm taking a shot at you, because you claim knowledge you don't have.

On the contrary, I invite people to view the posts to the other forum and make their own minds up.

I really don't care who knows more than I do about anything, probably a good many know more about even those things about which I am most expert.. What does bug me is people making wild assertions, especially those who should know better.

Bloonose, I'm sure that you will find your new router a worthwhile investment. Two things prevent my buying one, the most important being that I have the big one and the less big one already.

John, I didn't manage to secure the triton from Peter or the other from Fecn, have now switched to a Ryobi, just on cost, no other reason.

Sometimes what's written here can cause a lot of offence even though none was meant, I feel that I've been the victim and giver of this on several occasions. It's difficult to pick up the tone or inference from what we write, and also hijacking of threads can start this off.

Let's get back to helping each other out rather than continuing a slagging match. :wink:

Bloonose":3oz52cm5 said:
Let's get back to helping each other out rather than continuing a slagging match. :wink:
=D> =D> Well said!

Back