Braces (or suspenders if you must!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the suggestions BUT they have all featured elasticated straps on the front - I specifically want non-elastic at the front, and a bit of stretch on the single strap at the back. The concept proven by my red braces from years back that were in this format.

As I said up-thread some lateral thinking with some braces I have + some webbing and I have a solution - just needs a bit of heavy-duty sewing to rejig the clips and adjusters.

the ones I posted above from Turnball & Asser are the type you are looking for - at admittedly an expensive price, the issue is that non-elastic braces are pretty much always 'felt braces' which is usually a yorkshire woven wool boxcloth which is then shrunk to get that felt feel / look - they are the top end of braces and come with elastic at the back and not at the front as you requested... they will probably only be sold in the top end gents outfitters and they are not cheap - to be fair Turnball & Asser are expensive - but someone like Oliver Brown has them at nearer to half that price: Felt Braces - Saxe Blue | Oliver Brown, London (only £85!) so maybe track somewhere like that in the sales and they might become more reasonable - but I don't think they will be sold generally for much less - they are though far more comfortable than the all elastic cheap ones! If you plan to make some - perhaps look for the yorkshire boxcloth?

Back