Box for wedding gifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersonec

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished this box for a friend's son's wedding, they propose to insert some gifts, lock it and let them have the key for their first anniversary.
It is made from Walnut with a Birch ply lid with walnut veneer on the outside and some other veneer which I cannot name on the inside.
The design was nicked from one of Ian Hawthorne's boxes but I have used some Maple for the trim with a strip of Ebony inlaid after some advice from Ian, the hardware was also sourced from Ian and it was very reasonably priced.

Andy

Attachments

• Box finished 2.jpg
    Box finished 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Box finished 1.jpg
    Box finished 1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,366
That's a cracking looking box Andy. i am sure they will be well chuffed, even if they do have to wait a year to see how really nice it is inside and out!

That box is beautiful, will the recipients be able to wait a year to find out whats inside
Also where in lincolnshire are you
Dave

Thats a beautiful box, well done! I know its a lovely idea, but pineapple that, can you imagine waiting a year to open it (never mind whats inside, but even to have a look at your work!) I'd have the lock picked!! :mrgreen:

Rob, the lining isn't as bright as the photo makes it out to be, it is quite a lot darker but I had a flash on the camera which has made it quite loud.

Andy

andersonec":etuhb8jy said:
Rob, the lining isn't as bright as the photo makes it out to be, it is quite a lot darker but I had a flash on the camera which has made it quite loud.

Andy
Ahh, that explains it then...the perils of flash fotographizing! :) - Rob

Back