Bought a Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wwade":2xaw9ruo said:
I have been getting in to woodwork over the last year and recently built a wooden box for the kitchen to sling all the shoes and bags in, since I live in a new build and storage space is at a minimum.

I'm in the process of now building a bookcase and a bench seat with storage underneath for the kitchen now. I have been using a mitre block for all of my projects, not the best, time consuming but yesterday for some reason any wood I cut yesterday wasn't coming out square. I don't know whether it was the actual mitre block or saw that was causing it as I tried three or four different off cuts with the same result, it was getting really frustrating in the end.

In the end I took plunge and purchased one of these mitre saws from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pingtek-Redlin ... EMTC8X19E5

Only a few reviews, but hopefully my jobs will become easier now. Feel like I have cheated myself a little bit by buying one, but I suppose this is the natural progression of wood working. Wish I could have spent about £300 on one, but I'm also on a budget. Hopefully I have made the right choice and won't look back.

Wish I had the money for a table saw, router, drilling machine, planer, proper bench the list goes on and on.

I wish I'd added this before.

If you want to invest in anything, invest in a planer/thicknesser, a good one. It will save you a fortune on stock over the years and a ton of time if you are serious about this subject. Like anything, you can do it by hand, but squaring stock is one of the most boring and time consuming tasks unless you're a real expert. If you don't have square stock to work with, nothing else really matters.

To me, its the foundation of everything to do with woodworking.

Back