Bought a Mafell mt55 plunge saw. Bit of an issue...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All sorted finally!

Now that I can use the thing I've been looking at blades. For the price of one of the Mafell blades you can get a Bosch top precision 20t, 32t and 48t!

Anyone know how the Bosch blades perform and last compared? They're 165mm vs the Mafell 162m diameter but they do fit, have same kerf etc.

I may just sell the Mafell blade and get a set of the BOSCH ones. I don't want to have to keep adjusting the depth or allowing for different depth of cuts.

I have two Makita track saws, a corded and a new cordless version of the same saw which I now use all the time as I actually think it's a better saw - currently doing some 40mm solid oak worktops and the Makita blade was struggling badly as it's had a fair bit of use, I needed to get something quickly and locally so I popped down to Screwfix and bought the Dewalt Extreme set of three blades, two 24T and a 40T, reviews looked good so took a chance.

I can't believe how good they are for about half the price of the Makita blades - I put a 24T on the saw to do the hob cut out and it just flew through the oak as if it was 12mm MDF! the cut finish was almost glass like too.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-extre ... pack/32047

Would've got the Makita but the rails aren't that great compared to the Bosch ones and the lack of kickback mitigation had me uneasy.
Those blades look OK but are the wrong kerf. Weird to me they include two of the rip blades and one of the other rather than just one of each.

Back