Freud FT2000E router review; Pics and persistance by Noely

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you having a wee dram or two?....

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noely,

"hic" Hhh aving a wee ram? "hic" I nnever t ouch the stuff "hic"

Any more reviews like that and i will be hitting the bottle. I spent months employing a ghost writer, i mean writing my review.

Regards

Mike.C

Noely
Sorry,I forgot to reply to your question so much reading here
Ref removing the rubbers from the Freud
They weren't rubbers on my model they were plastic and when compressed I was not having a full plunge they were fouling, cant remember how much I gained it was four years ago

Noely... I'd a close look at my handheld one this morning. Near as I can tell if the gaiters are restricting the stroke at all, at best it's only by a couple of mil.. the thunk at the end of the stroke felt pretty metalic, rather than cushioned.

Sawdust Producer":2tb1z7u6 said:
Last feature I feel worthy of note; the mains cable is a handy 5m long
Don`t all routers come with a flex that long then?

SP..... sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this..

my (evidently non too clear) point wasn't so much re the cable length...as its material... all too often machinery comes supplied with a cheap and nasty PVC power lead. The thing that impressed me was that other than my DW biscuit joiner, my Freuds are the only tools to have a ruggedised cable as standard... more shame on other manufacturers I reckon. I mean.. even in a shop, conditions underfoot are seldom showroom spec right.??? All the more reason to fit a ruggedised cable.

Back