Bosch GTS 10 XC table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b15sdm

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im very new here and thought it would be the ideal place to ask for some advice on a machine I have been eyeing up for a little while now.

The machine in question is the Bosch GTS 10 XC table saw. I know its not the cheapest table saw but a friend of mine has had the version previous to this which is the gts10 and he loves it.

I need a table saw that I can move around my workshop easily as I dont have much space for a full size cabinet saw etc.

I do alot of detail work using hardwoods and acrylic ranging upto 65mm thick so an accurate fence is very important to me. This is one of the reason why I like this table saw as the fence looks very solid and clamps to both front and back of the table.

My only concern is the sliding carriage feature that it has and whether the top surface sits absolutely flush with the rest of the table. As you can imagine, even if it was 1mm higher then the edges would be cut square or the piece would see-saw on the table.

If anyone owns this machine or has used it, some feedback would be greatly appreciated. My choices are between the Bosch, Makita 2704 and Dewalt DW744. I have heard fairly good reviews about the Dewalt but as the Bosch is fairly new there isnt much available.

Thanks

Hi,

I do have this saw, I bought it perhaps for one of the reasons that you are interested, I need to move it around in my workshop quite often.

Yes, I think it is flush. I put a straight edge across it and it looks pretty much spot on. However, I think you should make a crosscut sled which is really simple to do and would ensure the accuracy you are looking for.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back