Bosch GMF 1600 dropping out of table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wurm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Bosch 1600 GMF and have mounted the fixed base under a UJK table. Ever since I first set it up a few months ago it has had a persistent problem in that whenever the unit is wound upwards to increase the depth of cut the motor jumps out the base and drops to the limit of the safety catch. When I pull it out of the machine and just hold it by hand it seems to wind up and down with no problem.

Bosch have looked at it and found nothing wrong.

Is this a problem that sounds familiar to anybody here?

Sorry to hear about this, hardly anyone on forums has the bosch gm1600 gmf but I do too (I like it a lot).

I have the ujk router lift and the a ujk 10mm aluminium plate too so will give it a go to see if I suffer the same problem as you. Just to make sure, it is the router lift you are talking about right? The movement mates the motor base unit fall out of its fixed router baseplate? Is that correct?

I've not set my router plates up for use as I plan to get a dewalt 625 and leave that in there, the gmf1600 feels too good to leave left under the router table.

I will give it a go in a few days when i get some time if that is ok. WHo did you speak with at Bosch HQ?

Yes, it is turning the lift mechanism, either with the knob on the base or with an allen key through a hole drilled through the table, that causes the motor to slip out of the catch.

It sounds as though you have the exact same gear as me, but if you have not mounted the Bosch 1600 to the table then it will involve drilling to do so.

I am not sure who I spoke to at Bosch, I think he said that he was one of the head engineers but I didn't get his name.

Thanks for the response.

Hi Wurm

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back and check this out for you. I was a bit unwell over christmas so didn't step into the workshop for a while.

I love the GMF 1600 but have found if mounted upside down the motor can slip out of the catch. Not as immediate as your's but it can slip out with movement/vibration.

Do you still have the 3year guarantee? Contact someone at Bosch, tell them my name too if you need someone to verify this can happen. Let's see what can be done.

I don't really plan on using mine under the table but is a shame for those that wanted. PM or give me a shout if you need help/support. Complain if you are not happy, keep trying and you will find someone who listens at Bosch HQ.

Thanks for the reply. I have returned it to Bosch a total of four times, the first of which the casing was changed, and from then on I can't see that they did anyting other than send it straight back to me. I spoke to two of their engineers who said that they couldn't duplicate the problem, and while I don't think they did much investigating, they wouldn't do anything more.

It was returned under guarantee, but if it is a design problem, as you have confirmed, then my only option is to ask for a refund from Axminster which is where I bought it.

I won't be buying Bosch again.

Back