Borrowing a panel saw.... Sussex

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewRedStars

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to make a storage unit (6 cupboards and shelves above) for my flat and my boss has decided to put the kibosh on people doing there own stuff in the workshop (booooooo, one of the few perks of the job).

Does anyone on here have a panel saw on which I could come down one weekend and rip and cross cut a few sheets of 18mm MDF? Would only take an hour or two happily bung you a wad of cash and owe you a favour.

I'm in Hove.

Matthew.

I'm in Staplehurst which is about 45 minutes from Hove on a good run, I might be able to help you out though. :)

Wenban Smith in Lewes and (possibly Worthing) have a panel saw which they use to cut the sheets you buy from them.
If you are getting the mdf really cheap from elsewhere that might not help, but other wise buy from them and give them the measurements you want the sheets cut to.

Mark.

Cheers all,

The cutting service sounds good but i'm too paranoid to let someone else do it and I'm gonna do it as 2x 18mm panels per upright with a 36 mm capping so its gotta be spot on.

Simon, thanks loads, thats not too far i'll be in touch if my local queries don't pan out (would be great to have a nose round, your stuff looks top drawer)

M.

Back