Borderless laser printers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Don't suppose any of you folks can help me please...?

I've googled for half and hour or so, looking for an A4 laser printer that can print to the edges.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists :?:

Searched your name to find the thread on the saw for sale, will PM you about that and found this.

I'm sure you could get one as to how much it would cost....!? Also we've just got an A3 laser at work and it apparently does edge to edge BUT it isnt actually there are very fine white borders to prints.

Not sure what you want to use it for but if it is small quantities then consider an A3 printer, can get bubble jet ones cheap, and then cut down to A4. Obviously only for small quantities though.

Thanks for the help.
I want to produce a brochure every month that compares to lithographic printing with images that can run to the edges. Quantities will be around 2000.
At the moment we use an Epson laser printer which is great, but it doesn't print to the edges. It needs to be a laser for speed but mostly so that the print is waterproof. That rules out inkjets which smudge as soon as they get near moisture.
I still haven't found anything, but have come across a few threads that say they don't exist, so kinda giving up on that idea.
Poo.

Aragorn":1fya6548 said:
It needs to be a laser for speed but mostly so that the print is waterproof. That rules out inkjets which smudge as soon as they get near moisture.

I could be misremembering, but I've been looking for a photo inkjet printer lately and I'm sure that the ink system used on the new Epson and Canon are moisture resistant and a review of one of the Canon ones said the print was smudge-resistantly dry the moment it emerged.

HTH

V.

if you going to be printing 2000 small brochures a month, your better off talking to a small print company. An inkjet is going to too slow. My 1290 does borderless but it's alot slower than printing with a 3mm bleed on A3B.

Aragorn,

I've had quite a lot of literature printed at

Colorscope Printers Ltd
Charlwoods Road
East Grinstead
West Sussex
RH19 2HF

We find them great - they about 20 minutes from work, and, in an emergency we've sent some files (whilst on our way to the airport) detoured via them, they've printed them in that time, we pick them up and hop on a plane.

The chap to speak to is Chris Dowling. Our last lot were £218 for 1000 copies - we haven't done any work to find a cheaper alternative its their flexibility and speed in a crises that suits us well. The paper is very high quality.

adam

Thanks so much for the links, contacts and advice.
Very much appreciated.

Now if I could only find the time to design the brochure .....

Latest posts

Back