• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted After some laser cut plywood French cleat hooks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likeakite

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for some laser cut plywood French cleat hooks, so I can make my own boxes to attach to them. If anyone knows where I can buy some, please post a link or, if someone with a laser cutter makes them? I've looked on Etsy but the only things I can find are computer plans for making them and I don't have a laser cutter :( Badly drawn but this type of thing

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_175031208.jpg
    IMG_20231219_175031208.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Why would you want them specifically laser cut? if you have a track saw and can cut full sheets of plywood at 45 degrees then I don’t see what extra benefit you will get. I have rather a lot of them…

Hi, it's not the actual cleats I'm after, it's plywood cleat hooks that I can make boxes attached to

I do, however I know these hooks exist and it would make the reorganising of the shed walls easier and quicker

Wasn't there a chap on youtube last week showing a wall and using these things? Can't remember his name but he's a regular.
Funny you should say that, I've just watched a video on YouTube last night. Probably the same chap showing the hooks. I'll see if he knows where to get them. He made his own, it's a great idea.

Just saying but those are nothing like the "normal" way of hooking onto a french cleat and they look absolutely feeble by design as well as unnecessarily complicated.
There is no strength in that hook.
Considering french cleats are routinely used for hanging cabinets weighing in the 10's of Kg those hooks ain't for that.
Is this some home organisation thing for hanging up photographs or pen pots at your desk ?

What is simpler and easier than this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cleat#/media/File:French_cleat.jpg

Last edited:
These were for some small boxes he'd laser-cut himself, I believe the hooks he bought were off Etsy.
Some he stuck together for added strength.
Thanks, I've emailed him asking where he got them. Hopefully he'll reply. Thanks

If you can't find a source, message me, I could probably laser cut them for you.
Hello Paul, thanks for your kind reply. The chap who made the video about them has offered to send me some, he emailed me a couple of days ago. Thanks again !

Back