Books

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking from my own experience with the bandsaw, probably not.
Its a machine that you will use a lot but mostly for pretty standard workhorse sort of stuff.
You may be tempted to make a circle cutting jig or a high fence for ripping and you will occasionally adjust the table angle, none of which really require a book for inspiration or instruction.
You should pay attention to the type of blades to use, basic maintenanace and make sure the fence supplied is true .
Also, I would recommend that you learn how to cut straight, freehand, as knowing what blade drift your machine has will help you true up the fence if required. This technique/excercise can be found on line.
There are many web sites that will offer lots of good information and instruction including this forum and its members.
beejay

The best book on bandsaws is generally considered to be 'The Bandsaw Book' by Lonnie Bird. It is one of those advertised on your link.

However, before you order it, try your local B&Q Warehouse. They often have a rack of woodworking books at discounted prices. I got my copy of said book there for £9.99

Cheers
Brad

Of course there's always your local library. Unless you've a really short memory once you've read it you can return it and spend the money on a good blade or 2.

Mark

Latest posts

Back