Boldloc D4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitch

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using the Bondloc(toolstation) D4 adhesive for general purpose use for a while.

Last couple of times it seems to be quite weak, joints have broken easily.
Only gluing softwood, nothing exotic, joints fitting well....light clamped, usually for 24 hours.....

Bottle is a couple of months old, so not seen any extremes of temperature, lid on, shaken before use etc....

Anyone else had trouble with this adhesive.... or could it be my technique.... ?

They only seem to be offering D3 and D2 under that brand now and a different D4 in a yellow bottle.
I've been using quite a bit of the D3 in the last year or so ever since Screwfix stopped doing the Everbuild brand which I liked.
I've not had D3 problems although not put anything to a destruction test. Might just try that.
If I want real strength I tend to use PU and mask up critical/ difficult to clean up joints.

Bob

ive had some of the bondloc d3 and i dont rate it, its very watery and i dont feel any tack/grab when pressing my finger/thumb together with a blob inbetween

I have been using PU on a few bits recently, but find it a bit messy.
I was using titebond on hardwood for a bit. But went down the cheaper route for cheapy softwood jobs.
Oh well. Better get some more titebond.

I am surprised that the cost of glue becomes an issue when you consider the cost of the wood. If you have spent a long time perfecting the joints why run the the risk with a cheap glue. Production work different matter.

newt":19utkw50 said:
I am surprised that the cost of glue becomes an issue when you consider the cost of the wood. If you have spent a long time perfecting the joints why run the the risk with a cheap glue.

+1. I've always felt that good quality glue is not expensive in the overall scheme of things.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back