Blast off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
So 10000 then.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members who's amazing acts of generosity have managed to render me speechless (yes, really). I hesitate to name names 'cos I know I'll forget someone, but Fizzy gets an on-topic mention 'cos despite dropping out of the running quite a while back, he still offered to send a fiver to the charity of my choice. Good on yer, matey. Then there's Nigel and Trev (bless 'im) and Phil and Dom and Mike and another Mike and Paul and another Paul and Chris and Martin and Waka and Noel and and Neil and Adam and Dave and Wiley and Afterglow and Signal (there's a couple of blasts from the past for the old hands) and dozens more who have given or offered to give some help or ballast for the descent down The Slope. Most of all thanks to Charley, who puts up with us all leaving our tea mugs lying about and putting our sawdusty boots on the living room rug, and generously hosts my website too.

And now the milestone is past, thank goodness. To be honest I've been sort of on the fence for a while as to whether to continue to post much to the forum; after six straight years you start to get a little weary. On the whole I think, for the time being, I'm going to take a bit of a break for a while and recharge the batteries. Figuratively speaking. As a neanderthal naturally my cordless tools don't need batteries... :whistle: Work safely and may all your boards be straight ones. Unless you want them curvy, natch... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

\:D/ :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion4: =D>

Well its sort of a birthday anyway! Well done on reaching such a landmark. I think I can say a tremendous thankyou on everyones behalf for all the questions answered, posts moved, links restored, planemakers dates researched, the amazing memory for when a question was asked before and the skill at finding and linking to that exact post, for the recipes for removing rust, the cheeky-tongue-in-cheek hit and run type postings..... the list goes on.

Well done.

Adam

PS: Edit, don't think anyone will mine me promoting this General. Its our most read board, and where you have helped the most. Besides, I wouldn't like to think of you as being off-topic O:)

Congratulations Alf =D>
You have brought more smiles to my face with your posts than any other member of this forum
don't even think of not posting on here you would break our hearts

Best Wishes
Nigel

Congratulations Alf :D =D> :eek:ccasion5: - A big milestone :)

ditto what everyone else has said - thanks for all your contributions to the forums - all 10,000 of them :wink:

Bravo, Al! =D>
Congratulations - now we know why you have trouble completing projects :wink: Your always on-line helping others :D
Thanks for making the 'Net a warmer and wiser place.
Cheers
Phil :D

Thank you, Alf, and I hope your break is a short one!

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks Alf, as a newbie (only 6 months on site) may I congratulate you on your humour, depth of knowledge, and entertainment over your 10,000 posts. I can't claim to have read all of them :oops: , but those I have have been very enjoyable.

Regards Stefan

Shame to lose your writing, approach and depth of knowledge, even if just for bit. But hell, have you earned a break.

Congratulations, Alf and thank you for all your contributions.
I didn't enter the competition because I almost never enter any competitions but it looked like a bit of fun.
I look forward to seeing your name on my screen in the not too distant future.
Thanks again and come back soon.

SF

Alf, congrat's on reaching the milestone although I think that the competition and some recent posts may have soured it for you somewhat.

Being a relative newcomer and of the persuasion that if I can get a power tool to do the same job I'll have one, you would have thought that the focus of most of your posts would be of little interest to someone like me.

However I have found your posts to be inciteful, humourous and well composed. Excellent reading for a novice like myself.

Enjoy your break, but pop back every now and again, I think you will find that this place will miss you.

Gaz

Amazing stuff, Alice. Like the other posters I wish to thank you for all your effort, enthusiasm and knowledge that you have shared so freely. I may not have contributed to many threads you've been involved in but I as sure have read them and learned from them.
Guess I'll have to rely on your blog to keep up to date with you while you take a break!

Congratulations, Alf, and thanks for all your words of wisdom and help and advice you have so readily given - long may it continue :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Alf,

Remember this?

Step-by-step Projects

Welsh Stick Chair

beechchair120.jpg

Coming Soon ????

Glad to hear you'll have some time on your hands. :D

Well done Alf =D> =D> =D>

This place wouldn't have gotten where it is without you. Hope you enjoy the rest and come back fully recharged for the next 10,000 :wink:

Just to add my thanks for your diverse contributions. Like others have said, I haven't read all 10,000, but those I have read have always added something positive to the debate in question. Hope to 'see' you again soon. All the best, Steve

Latest posts

Back