Blast off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Alf, enjoy the break (what will you do with all the spare time?).
The place won't be the same without you.
:(
All the best
Mark

Congatulations Alf that's one hell of a milestone and I'm just another in line to add my thanks for all your help in the past and hopefully the near future also... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Congrats Alf.
Dancing-Chilli.gif

Like the rest of the members,
Tears.gif
I am going to miss your advise for the next hour or so.
Sob.gif
(That's all it takes to recharge batteries these days isn't it?).
You deserve the rest, and time to enjoy your hand tools.
Bawling.gif

Good luck for the future and hope to hear from you soon.
Typing.gif

All the best,
Crutches.gif
Gary.
Clap-Hands.gif
Crowd-Grin.gif
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif
Big-Smile.gif

Well done for quite a milestone.
I'd like to echo what everyone else has been saying as I have benefitted greatly from your massive contribution to the site.
Enjoy your rest, but please come back sooner rather than later.

Well done Alfreda!

cheers
Jacob
PS spose it should be Alfreda the Great.

Well Ali,

As others have said, well done and thanks. I bet it feels as if you have completed the triathalon three times over!!

You go and put your feet up for a well earned rest and pop back when you have recovered.

See you later,

regards from aldel

Aww, give over the lot of you
130fs1064394.gif
Apparently I'm already on an "ego trip". :roll:

Three things:

One; what fish?
130fs1063635.gif

Two; come off it, Phil, it is coming soon! Heck, it's been less than a year... :wink:

Three; "Hand Tool Goddess"?! Okay, which of you mods is brave enough to admit the crime...?
130fs1063831.gif
:lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":292q2ede said:
"Hand Tool Goddess"?! Okay, which of you mods is brave enough to admit the crime...? Laughing

Not me :-# My lips are sealed though. You think you got it bad, just imagine what the next chap to reach 10,000 will make of it!

Adam

Bit like a good book you don't ever want to finish, so I'm just going to lay this one aside, for a while, please don't leave it too long.

Or maybe Alice in Wonderland ?

You're the Tops Al

Dom

Alf,
Well done, you made it!
IMHO, you have been a huge inspiration to this board and I thank you for all your humour and help and advice.
I will certainly miss your postings greatly and if you ever make all the way up to Darkest Dorset I will be pineappled off if you don't call in and have a cuppa or whatever, you will be made very welcome.
Don't expect me , however, to take you to any boot sales...... :twisted:
Have a good rest but DO come back!
Best Regards,
Martin

Alf,

Thanks for the guidance on The Slope TM, the humor and the insight as to how these hand tool things should be used.

Take a break, make a few things, but please post them to the blog.

You will be missed but hopefully you will come back and visit when you need a diversion.

And a huge thank you from the many unknowns like me who post rarely, if ever, but who read assiduously and learn. We don't really have much of a public face on the forum because we don't have the knowledge to contribute more than occasionally and can only envy those of you who do.

The measure of the site, but more importantly your responses, Alf, is in the huge number of us who do feel able to write and ask stupid questions, confident obviously that we will get kind, tolerant and knowledgeable answers.

My first post was just that: the old 'what plane should I buy?' chestnut. Probably the ten thousandth! Yet your answer was detailed, thoughtful and - not surprisingly - completely correct. And I see you doing it again and again. Giving back, in the way you have Alf (or can I finally say Alice?), is a rare and wonderful thing.

Just don't leave us wandering alone in the wilderness too long...we'll get frightened and lose our way out here without you. Thanks.

And thanks from me Alf.

You must by now realise just how very important you are here. I've spent the last couple of years enjoying everything here, and many times, its your humour, knowledge and damn common sense that bring people like me back time and again.

After many, many forums, this is the only one I visit daily. There must be a reason.

All the best,

Tony

(Also, a tribute like this thread, and the others, must be virtually unheard of on an internet forum. Well done)

Latest posts

Back