blade for sale - SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suprasport

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i am even further down the slope, i had a performance power scms for about 3 years and was very pleased with it, but that was just building type work, anyway the bearings went and good old b&q swapped it for the mcallister 12" free of charge no questions asked, but the shaft had a very slight camber on it which i didnt notice until after i had purchased a decent blade. So today i got a refund and have just bought a metabo KGS255. One question i have about this is that it states universal motor but everywhere i have read says Metabo's only have induction motors ? or am i reading it all wrong ?

Anyway i now have a Bosch blade 305x30 T96 that is redundant. this is the one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Circula...28925QQcategoryZ20785QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
its 2 weeks old and if any one wants it then first one to come up with a reasonable offer gets it :wink:

There's only 2 saws on the UK market with induction motors that I know of - EB/Metabo KGS301 (which may not be off the market now since the name change) and the Axminster's version.

Noel":xlqmoi55 said:
There's only 2 saws on the UK market with induction motors that I know of - EB/Metabo KGS301 (which may not be off the market now since the name change) and the Axminster's version.

That will be the age thingy and the brain not filing the hundreds of pages i havent read properly today then :(

Probably nearly three - I'll bet the Festool has an induction motor.

Jake,

Probably nearly three - I'll bet the Festool has an induction motor.

Maybe I'm not sure, but as Noel says there are very few of them. I have the EB KGS300 which has one. It is an excellent saw but because it does not have a brake (it seems to take ages to stop) I do not use it much now I went out and got the belt driven Dewalt DW718 which is an excellent saw.

I was going to sell the EB but changed my mind at the last minute. As well as a good motor it has one of the best dust extraction systems that I have come across on a mitre saw. Mind you 99% of mitre saws are complete rubbish when it comes to dust extraction including the 718.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back