Blade clamp screw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Weegie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a problem with the screw that inserts into the top clamp. The saw I am using is the SIP 16"

TIghtened the screw and noticed that the key slipped in the screw. Took the key out and tried a second brand new key. Still Slipped.

I am unable to get the screw to come out. It will not budge. I have tried a small bit of oil. Tapping it with a hammer, and using pliers to try and turn all without success.

Any ideas. I was thinking of drilling through the screw to see if this will enable the screw to fall out. What do you think.

Could get replacement from SIP, but think that the blade clamps are overpriced.

hi do you mean the screw that holds the blade in or the one that holds the clamp on the arm if its the one tha hold the blade in i normally take the clamp right off and put the screw head in the vice and tap the clamp hope this helps

Bobman,

Cheers mate. Put the blade clamp screw in my vice. Held the blade clamp with pliers and was able to turn the screw.

Top man.

glad i could help this happens to me a lot ive got the same saw you have to tighten the screw pretty tight to grip the blade which usally end up rounding off the bit of the screw where the allen wrench goes

I'm not familiar with the machine but can you cut a slot in the head of the screw to allow the use of a screwdriver in future? Or replace with a more suitable screw?

yep i had the same problem with my cheapo axminster saw, kept rounding off the allen screws, i just changed my screws to bolts, i got a slack handfull of 4mm diameter bolts with the same thread and now use an 8mm socket to tighten up the clamps and so far havnt had to change the bolt once, cost of bolts was under a pound from my local hardware store.

Latest posts

Back