Bit of a nip this morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Awake and resist!
Reaction score
Nippy!
Actually thawed away in minutes once the blinds were drawn - which shows how much heat just a roller blind can keep in.
In the workshop with no heating on.

IMG_5119.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG

On

Last edited:
Similar temperature in lovely Devon at 10am. It took me until then to wipe the condensation off windows and doors. New builds are nice and warm but they are so well insulated and air-tight the damp air cannot escape. Trickle vents make NO difference and the wife will insist on breathing. I've just collected a Dehumidifier so we'll see what happens.

Colin

Dehumidifier has pulled over 1L of water out of the air in first 2 1/2 hrs. You can see why so many models are sold out.

Last edited:
I agree with the cold. We got down to 13 degrees this morning, and haven’t had the AC running at night for the past week. I’m even going to need a sweater and may even be able to wear shoes and socks for the first time in 10 months. luckily the day time temperature is in the high 20s, but next Sunday it’s likely to be colder with a high of 22.

Even our cats are feeling the cold

D756C2C9-5CBD-4CE0-9A8B-28C8B8779E52.jpegD4233B4C-088D-4DC6-BBE3-F77C5EECA39C.jpeg

Minus 10 here. It took me over 15 minutes to get in to my landrover. The drivers door was frozen shut. I managed to open the passenger door after a bit of effort but then couldn’t remove the pedal lock with the drivers door closed. It fortunately started and I had to leave it running for 10 minutes to thaw it enough to get the drivers door to release. I then had to scrape the ice of the windows, both inside and out…

Worked hard for it and made choices/sacrifices. It is above the garage so was cheaper to build because of shared walls and one roof with the house. Upside is I can easily keep it at 17ºC to 19ºC or more as I like because it is well insulated. Harder to add to though if you want bigger. First world problems. 🤷‍♂️ 😉

Pete

Worked hard for it and made choices/sacrifices. It is above the garage so was cheaper to build because of shared walls and one roof with the house. Upside is I can easily keep it at 17ºC to 19ºC or more as I like because it is well insulated. Harder to add to though if you want bigger. First world problems. 🤷‍♂️ 😉

Pete
I had a massive basement workshop and a double garage when I lived in Canada. I’m down to a shed in the garden and no garage now I’m back in the U.K. but appreciate not having snow on the ground for four months of the year now. I do miss Canadian life though. It was much ‘freer’ than the U.K.

Minus 10 here. It took me over 15 minutes to get in to my landrover. The drivers door was frozen shut. I managed to open the passenger door after a bit of effort but then couldn’t remove the pedal lock with the drivers door closed. It fortunately started and I had to leave it running for 10 minutes to thaw it enough to get the drivers door to release. I then had to scrape the ice of the windows, both inside and out…
Yes I had the same problem... then it (Defender TD5) wouldn't start - dead battery. A new one arrived today free 24hr DHL delivery!

I got the Big Wipes out of my van to clean some paint off my hands this morning and when I tried to pull a sheet out it seemed stuck so I pulled it a bit harder and it just ripped off. I was about to open the tub to see what was causing the problem when I realised the liquid in the bottom of the tub was frozen solid!

-6 here yesterday, I was building a pergola wearing ski gloves.
It took us an hour to clear enough snow so we could find the right bit of ground to work on! 😅
IMG_20221212_075231.jpg

IMG_20221214_133025.jpg

At lunch time I had to thaw out my feet on the van heaters 😅
IMG_20221213_123928.jpg

Martin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back