Biscuit jointer - Any recommends?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailorjack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Im in the market for a biscuit jointer and having read through the thread on here on wondering if anyone had any updates or tried other jointers. Initially i was looking at the £50 budget, but as always you do pay for what you get (pretty much everything in life too) So the wife has advanced my pocket money and i have £200 to spend. =P~
I ve seen some a reconditioned DeWalt 685K on Ebay - any thoughts?
Cheers
Jack

My Freud one recently expired after 10yrs acceptable service, I hired the current Freud while waiting for a replacement but its a bit more plastic than the previous and sounds even less refined.

Bought a Lamello Classic as the replacement and am very happy with it, suppose you get what you pay for! and a lot depends on what type and amount of use you want out of it.

Jason

I have an ELU jointer. The Dewalt is the same machine, and its an excellent long term investment. I think the very cheap machines are ok but you are better off buying tools that will get alot of use and still be as good as you bought them years down the line

Welcome filgl.

Sailorjack,

I bought a dewalt recently, this one.. at £169 it is a quality piece of kit, I am very happy with it.

I have a Mafell, very happy with it. Accurate, well-made, I'd buy it again.

Don't forget you'll really benefit from a vac attached to it, whichever model you buy.

Just don't waste £50!

Cheers
Steve

i have to agree and suggest buying a decent one to get an accurate fence. if this tool isnt 100% accurate it can be very frustrating as it tends to be used near the end of preparation.after sawing, planing, thicknessing you dont want one cut to cock it all up. someone suggested getting a router biscuit cutter instead of a poor jointer.

Welcome to the forum filgl

Thanks for the comments everyone, It seems that most people throughout all the threads seem to have a particular favourite for various reasons and i guess i'll just have to get aquainted to the one i buy. I think you have to spend >£100 to achieve a good quality build with reliable components; which is why i'll probably side for the DeWalt 682K. Jason, the Lamello Classic sounds and looks great, unfortunately the price tag puts it out of reach (theres only a certain amount of dishes i husband can offer to wash :D )
Steve i did like the Mafell machine, and priced at £220 inc Del, was suitably impressed, it kills me to say but i'll have to draw the line somewhere price wise (I'd hate to think what else she'd have me cleaning)
However all good things are subject to change! I'll let you know

Thanks all

Jack

If you can up the pennies a little, a Lamello is the one to have. I use a C2....very good machine, other than that the Makita came out well in an F&C test some time ago - Rob

Back