Best way to make my shed larger?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
I have a 6x8 shed in good condition - the 6 foot is the side with windows. Im considering whether it is worth extending to convert it to 12 x 8 feet.
In a simplistic way the side with the door could just be moved along a bit and reused and the front and back could be extended with more t+g but the roof worries me as I don't want to end up with a gulley between 2 ridges as it will leak and the height at that point would be at the existing eaves height.
Has anyone done this before? If so how did you do it? or am I bit of a plonker thinking about doing it - yes probably best building a new shed but I don't have unlimited cash to do this "on a whim project" a shed extension will be cheaper.
thanks

Attachments

• DSCF8291.JPG
    DSCF8291.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
You could search the sites for another 6x8 shed going cheap and simply join them together, lots of folk get rid of sheds they no longer use, sometimes shed companies have x display models or damaged that you could possibly get cheap..

You could build an extension to the right, and make the whole roof a pent roof, say sloping from back to front. Remove the existing apex front and rear. Extend the front up to a desired height. Simple flat roof on it and that might give you what you want.

Like this - but bigger
1690826335044.png

Put another 6x8 next to it and have 2 sheds- one for stuff and one for working in.
Trying to join side by side is likely to give problems without redoing all of the roof and the adding additional bracing to hold it all together

A second shed alongside the existing one, or wherever it’s convenient, would be the easier path?

Sell it and get a container lifted in whilst the Mrs away....
Or a log cabin but then your likely to get evicted by the Mrs/ kids for a gym/ playroom!!

Thanks folks some good ideas
I think Ill wait and see if another donor shed comes along and depending it could go pent or side by side but as Tom said the mechanics of joining side by side will be problematical
cheers

Back