Best jigsaw blade - kitchen fitters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynnwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to enlarge (by about 10mm all around) the opening in my worktop to accept a larger sink.

The worktop is laminated chipboard. It's a one off job but which brand/TPI of jigsaw blade would be best?

My worktop is circa 44mm thick.

Thanks.

Take care using the downcut blade. It's very easy for the jigsaw to jump if a constant pressure isn't maintained on the saw. If the sink has a largish lip I'd have thought any fine cut blade should do the job, keep the pendulum motion to off to get a cleaner cut

Coley

T101BR would be my choice also.

One point worth bearing in mind though is, and I don't want to sound like I'm telling my Grandmother how to suck eggs, but if your Jigsaw has an orbital setting on it, turn it off if you use T101BR blades. As they are down cut blades, the orbital setting will fight you as you try and make the cut. The cut is much slower than with an up cut blade, but you won't get any chipping of the laminate.

EDIT. Oopps! Ive just seen Coleys reply,......Sorry!

I use the Bosch also but would probably cut a 6mm mdf template and use a router to take off 10mm.

Latest posts

Back