Best circular saw blade for cutting veneered mdf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil2010

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi what is the best blade for cutting veneered mdf for use with a hand held circular saw.

Good morning,

Typically, the more teeth the better cut but the outcome is also related to the method and you may see a way of cutting such material in that paper.

Best Regards

They might not fit, but Festool's stock blade for their ATF 55 is very sharp, and cut e.g. birch ply 100% cleanly which is a good test - especially with the rail which acts like a zero clearance pressure plate.

So far as i can remember they have a few other tooth types available, there could be one even more suited to veneered MDF...

ondablade":2rrskfvx said:
They might not fit, but Festool's stock blade for their ATF 55 is very sharp, and cut e.g. birch ply 100% cleanly which is a good test - especially with the rail which acts like a zero clearance pressure plate.

So far as i can remember they have a few other tooth types available, there could be one even more suited to veneered MDF...

I use the Festool 48 tooth blade in my TS55 for cutting veneered MDF.

This, together with the splinter guards, gives, I was going to write perfect but I guess nothing is ever perfect, so, as near perfect as possible a cut.

Triple chip negative rake, most teeth you can get one in to suit your saw.
Used one for years on my old Elu flip-over saw, and same type of blade again on my table saw when I had it.
You will still get some splintering on one face ( with a circular saw it will generally be the top face, so choose your cuts with that in mind) the other will be 99% splinter free, if you take a smooth steady cut.
Or treat yourself to the Festool TS55 and a couple of rails.
Use mine for melamine faced and veneered sheet goods no problems.

Rob.

Back