Bespoke study

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
A bespoke study I recently made, the colour is moles breathe. Painted ash so the grain shows through.

20151006_113731b_zpsf2dqzuno.jpg

20151006_113716c_zpsee3skdbv.jpg

<Amateur> The garden looks untidy. </amateur>

Seriously, it looks really good, and jolly hard work.

I've only just realised that's a matching pair of break-fronts on opposite walls. Did you panel to the bookcases or fit the bookcases to the panelling?

Also curious about the desk top - really nice effect and wondering how you achieved it - is it leather in the centre or done with finish?

Dark cow hide leather.
The room is panelled all round so no plaster is visible, even panelled into the windows and replaced window sills, there is a run of furniture on the other wall which isn't in the pictures as there are pictures that are personnel. I make the profiled wall panels with an oversize vertical (where needed) and then put the bookcase end panels on last, to reduce the vertical to correct width.

Really great work work. Paintwork looks really good. Do you spray your units before fitting or hand paint after fitting?

That looks fantastic and I like the colours too. What material do you use for the paneling? I have an old Arts & Crafts house where all the 'features' were ripped out in the 50's and want to put paneling back. It will be painted and I already have done something in a bathroom where I used MRMDF. Did you use ply or MDF as the backing?

doctor Bob":1uud9muc said:
No, it's all solid ash. 5 piece doors and panelling.

AFAIK ash moves a bit in service. aren't you concerned that panels may shrink and leave an unsightly crack in the paint all around?

Back