Bendywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I received a sample of this in the post yesterday as a promo. I'm intrigued. Has anyone used it?

http://www.bendywood.com

It looks like it would be great for lipping the edges of curved table or desk tops.

Des

Unfortunately I never saw any covering letter which may have come with the sample, it was just sat on my desk when I got back from a fitting job, so I don't know if they have a UK distributor. The impression I get from their website however, is that they ship from the factory in Italy.

I'm going to email them today about minimum quantities and prices etc. It's not something I would have a big use for, but I have done a few home offices recently with curved L-shaped desk tops made from veneered MDF. Edging the fronts is a bit of a pain with solid wood (I hate edging tape) so this stuff looks like manna from heaven!

I'll report back when I get a reply. If it's in Italian I'll send it to you, Dom!

Des

waterhead37":3asj53zk said:
should like to know how easy or otherwise it is to bend the thicker sections.

Chris, there's a video on the website showing the thicker stuff being bent - quite impressive, but I imagine the machine would cost a fortune. I wonder if that's the place B&Q get their wood from :-k :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi all,

I know this thread is old but I just had a quote in from a company (Angle Ring) for a length of BendyWood.

We are building a spiral staircase in steel for my boss's new house and he fancies an Oak handrail so we asked for a quote.

A 6m length of 40mm dia Euro Oak Bendywood costs £690 plus VAT plus delivery.

Apparently they hydrate it in shop so it becomes pliable, then seal it in poythene and box it in a cardboard tube. It's supposed to be useable for 6-8 weeks after hydrating and takes 3-4 days to set once on the job.

Boss seems not bothered by the cost so we will be going for it, I might make a video of the fitting if members would think it useful.

Regards, Jeff

JeffH":2rkvyu80 said:
, I might make a video of the fitting if members would think it useful.

Regards, Jeff

Ooh,yes please :D - sure it would be of interest.

Andrew

Back