bench sanders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post looks like your seeking approval from forum members to spend more money :lol: You should show this to your Swmbo and go from there :twisted: :wink: :lol:

I think a gloat is on the way :lol:

Lord Nibbo":14v4zu09 said:
You should show this to your Swmbo and go from there :twisted: :wink: :lol:

ROTFL.

Cheers,
Neil

PS I had the unfortunate experience of a forum member, with the initials SM, visit my workshop and he told the loml that I had tools that he would give his eye teeth for.

PPS I still haven't forgiven him. :wink:

Well, if we're showing off here...

What about a nice SIP 01331 Belt and Disc Sander 6x10 (inc Stand) ?

It fits nicely in a workshop that I know rather well and it's a delight to use.

SipSander.jpg

Gill

The first one looks very much like the Perform one I bought from Axminster a couple of years ago - absolute ****!
Table will not lock properly and circular disc wobbles making it impossible to sand at right angles!
And anything other than a feathers touch on the belt sander stops it running!
Very noisy but it was cheap.
They may have improved things on this version though?

Rod :(

Hi Mike

I use a belt and disk sander with a 150mm (6") wide belt and a 229mm (9") diameter disk. I would highly recommend this, as the larger sanding surfaces are more accommodating and don't clog up quite as quick (more area to use).

Here's my sander....

Here's mine, Bought if off Ebay a couple of years ago, obviously re-badged but from what I have no idea. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I'm sure it was no more than £120. It has two dust connections one for each face. The disc is 12" the belt is 6" :)
349414981_616af6e99e.jpg

Far too heavy to lift about so it's on a castered cupboard.

Hi Mike i have had the as408 for about a year now and works fine for me.

Tim

LN said
Here's mine, Bought if off Ebay a couple of years ago, obviously re-badged but from what I have no idea. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I'm sure it was no more than £120. It has two dust connections one for each face. The disc is 12" the belt is 6"

I have the exact same one but I paid £190 at the place in Essex but still consider it a bargain for what it is, also planning to make a cabinet along with a long list of other things :) . The only complaint is loosening the nuts to allow the belt to be rotated flat.

Cheers Alan

Back