Bench mounted led magnifier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all, my old eyes are beginning(?) to fail me now and I need an illuminated magnifier to mount on my scroll saw. I wondered what recommendations other likewise afflicted members had. I have a decent headband type that I use, but I think I'd prefer the fixed type.
John

I purchased one from Amazon that is both battery and via a mains charger, it has 3 or 4 levels of magnification and a decent light , can’t recall the make but there are many other options online, Axminster also do a couple but they are ridiculously expensive. However if keeps you from having an accident then I guess cost is not that important. I also have a hand held one for reading the ruler etc .

Thanks both for the replies, the problem is the majority of the stuff is tat that looks good, its seperating the wheat from the chaff thats the problem.

I had one of these at work: RS Stock No.:146-5487

It is large and heavy but I didn't have any problems with it. I prefer the rectangular ones as there is a larger viewing area. When I buy one for home I will probably get the same one. You don't need an account to buy from RS as you can check out as a guest.

I had a defunct bedside lamp, bendy stem sort. On its way to the recycle until I removed the lamp bit and screwed a sturdy spring clamp to the top. I can hold a magnifying glass, wires for soldering, small items for dremel work, and doubtless a handheld illuminated magnifier. No expense incurred, tat but free tat?

Again , thanks to all for replying. Lorenzi I used an RS bench magnifier at work, in fact that is the first place I looked, unfortunately having just spent quite a bit on a new (used) scroll saw I dont think tbe exchequer would be very happy with my spending another £150. I'll keep looking for alternatives like Richard C 's idea. Cheers all

watch out for at Lidil's....not been around for a while so due soon....?
Mains powered decent LED'S and a high power magnification spot.....
was about £45.....highly recomended....

Hello,
I bought one of these for my dad as he does a lot of model making, he loves it. I have a old Angle Poise with a circular fluorescent tube and magnifying lens.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-sam170-desk-mounted-magnifying-led-lamp/Regards
I have had a similar model in black for 10++years . I have fixed it to my ceiling joist over my work bench. When I need it I just pull the magnifier glass down and then push it up out of the way....BTW after 10 ++yrs it benefits from a bungy (rope) to hold it up and fully out of the way.

Thanks both for the replies, the problem is the majority of the stuff is tat that looks good, its seperating the wheat from the chaff thats the problem.
Dont know if they would be any use to you but noticed the other day that Wilko were selling magnifying specs with built in led lights, about 20 quid I think. Looked half decent. Might even get a pair myself.

Latest posts

Back