Headband Magnifier/Glasses with LED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some workshop glasses made. The optician (non chain) asked a lot of Qs and said let me work something out, extending the range of sharpness with my eyes adjusting depth of field. I finished up with occupational varifocals (wide varifocal bit) that, together with my eye focussing, let me see sharp from about 150mm (read a vernier) to just under 1M. Excellent! If i really need to get closer i bought some clip ons, look like frameless spectacles without side pieces, that flip up when not needed - 3 diopters I think - proper lenses made of glass, cost about a tenner some years ago.
Cheapie alternative is a pair of supermarket readers ofteh highest strength; wife uses these for embroidery - cost about 2 quid in lidl.
My local budget chain optician did the same for me, the key phrase is occupational glasses, fine for 80% of the work I do , OptiVisor for the rest.

Just to say Lidil sells the Anglepoise Magnifying /light on occasion.....
Think it was €25 euro's.....told her not to bother but she did anway.....
rather glad she did....mind she never takes much notice of what I say anyway....
She even bought me a fit in ur pocket hand held mag n light...like that as well....
I find it diff to read roller bearing numbers after they are pulled out n faded....getting old sucks.....

Forgot the pic sorry
Yep, also got the Axminster ones, really good. I also got a pair of glasses from the optician (alongside the occupational lens pair for computer work and reading) for normal reading (about +3) and detailed work (3.5). They work great and if I need additional magnification or light on go the Axminster ones. Oftein on sale for less than £20 IIRC.
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back