Bench Mortiser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends how much you want to use one,but I recently bought the Perform one from Axminster (was on offer at the time,for about £70)
Okay for the occasional use I will put it to - looks very similar to many other brand names in the same price range.

Andrew

I thought so to I have been looking at the Fox and it seems quite impressive

shockingmoment":5snyx86z said:
This is the D's B's at the price. Even the free chisels are reasonable.
Takes upto 5/8 (not tried that tho', and swivels off the bench for bigger bits

www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cg ... 1,0,0,1|3|

I have to agree with you, Ordered it this morning over the phone asked if I could pick it up
I only live 20 miles from Rutlands (two men lifted it into the car for me needed the barrow when I got home to get it to the shed) got it home at 1.00pm set it up and cut 3 or 4 mortices only used the 12mm chisel but it cut them effortlessly like a knife through butter.
I think its safe to say I am well chuffed

Can anyone recommend a decent Bench Mortiser for £100-£150

I had one from APTC in this price bracket and sold it on fleabay as it would never keep the same 'set'. I hope eventually to get one with a moveable carriage so that the timber is clamped in place, but these unforetunatly are a lot more money - Rob

I think i must have the same APTC one. I also use it as a pillar drill, and it is a nightmare to reset the chisel and fence square again. Plus the fence isnt quite upright so frames come out twisted!!

Latest posts

Back