Bedside Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.a.ball

Established Member
Reaction score
My first proper bit of furniture.

CnWqsJnoYhue9PMNpltbPPOV3PUtwzyz4CCaMhbRH-cxOCX2kbraW-Wh8b3OfN2JibrbuiYJfzTYq5yJaDgJRs4ZgQYEsU7734i5qfdu1fSBhwEn5mz1q72BxobdWLT8kQBcuE0YzRZJQcAb1W1EZjYZc3p62ZIedrp-g66Sj4p_EbtLU3xnvvFy6sIbwxB8xghn2x3AR3xoJWdPXnwD4yTxXLsgPT7t7Vi9HVwKsMb2hs_YGTuoWTEeZqqSRXYlmH-MnZhYWhlrPVzGsYkg0U1suRMgIyvn1ukY5HJSiB4-XA7HRucjmjJnWQ9GnEY1wIF_jfy7EJSL6bHTmp4eHHARkQrgZdd_uDgQ3Tb1RfW2Tlt5XNLTAcDrB1tfxtXc8QFrlD4Ts9AtfQhDsU1jCjlLHYjLOPRIrFv0dxKbEQo07tru3GkWTKYuD47EsTrvY7xwsbi0r-nF9Q8yUTff4HGRirO11JfacftH2zmf7njGoqyQ3HtMvOH_ruVSo3bjjvtnjbH-UikPBl8x8CW8BYAnJOKZoQLk5maDXgfJMq9R45NcN72S53tvlD6_YjTTqiidpogtBlqr0ifj6COhic6wcNzdwv-HLMVfAKkW0cbqaho6DYOgq9YCV7P3hYR0dtcXE-7uHdrRHFZsU6SjPSIdZkEZ-YjO=w935-h987-no

Before anyone gets too carried away, I made this on a 5 day woodworking course with a full time furniture maker guiding every step of the way. Making the matching table for the other side of the bed without this safety net is going to be a more significant challenge.

If there is interest I have plenty of build photos.

Martin

It looks great Martin. I love the choice of wood for the legs, the rays look stunning.

Excellent work Martin, and please do share your build photos.

Incidentally, I'm only 30 or 40 minutes south of you in the New Forest. I'm a full time furniture maker with a well equipped workshop, and I'm happy to help and encourage practical furniture making in any way I can. So if you need any assistance like machining some components, or you want to rummage through the off-cuts pile for suitable hardwoods, then don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

Jacob":2uciu1g4 said:
I see no picture?

The photo is hosted on google photos. I used right click then copy image location, then added the link between the img tags. Looks like it works for some people but not others. I can try uploading the photo directly to the forum if it persists.

Martin

Chris152":futj7pvi said:
I love the choice of wood for the legs, the rays look stunning.

A lot of time went into selecting the wood for each component and I'm very pleased with the results. I'll add a better photo of the top as that also has an interesting pattern in the right light conditions.

Martin

ok, there must be an issue with google photos, I'll try to download them later and upload as an attachment, I'm sure that will work.

No still nothing.
Google is in the process of trying to take possession of all images it shows. It used to be easy to drag and drop but isn't any longer.

Hopefully for those who could not see the previous images, this time I've uploaded as an attachment having done the image resizing dance. Picture taken from a slightly different angle so as not to bore the folks who saw the originals.

20180413_183725.jpg

I'll start posting some photos from the build when I get a chance.

Attachments

• 20180413_183725.jpg
    20180413_183725.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 569
Yesterday I could see all of the pictures. Today, after refreshing the page, I cannot see any of them.

[Edit]
Correction, I can see the one in the last post.
[/Edit]

Back