BBC Scaremongering again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the police bandy it about a bit too easily?

Yes. What difference does it make if he was left wing, right wing, 7th day adventist, ex boy scout? He is a dangerous psychopathic nutter and they come in all flavours.
Thomas Mair was said by judge to have been "inspired by white supremacism" and "terrorist" but would it have made any difference what tag you put on this psychopath?
Perhaps I'm wrong, come to think UK "white supremacists" murdered Stephen Lawrence and others.
And Group lists 96 'racist killings' since Lawrence

Last edited:
BBC "impartiality" was a disaster as far as climate change was concerned. Every view expressed from the experts had to be countered by comment from some abject twerp such as Nigel Lawson.
They framed the whole debate as if between equals; more or less the whole scientific community set against isolated opinionated nutters.
Agree completely, they seem repeatedly to abdicate responsibility by using an 'x says this, y says that' format, sacrificing a quest for the truth. Still way better than the polemical* nonsense much of the media has to offer tho.
*propagandist, better.

Last edited:
Sky Glass is pointing the way ahead by having reception not through aerials/dishes but by internet. Develop a set-up that provides a means of deleting BBC would suit me perfectly.

Wrong. If it's a fact it's a fact and nothing can change it. You are thinking of "opinions"You obviously don't know what "confirmation bias" is.
Jacob, just because someone posts something that doesn't accord with your own dogma doesn't mandate that you dismiss it by suggesting that 'you don't know...blah...blah..blah'

Wrong. If it's a fact it's a fact and nothing can change it. You are thinking of "opinions"You obviously don't know what "confirmation bias" is.
I was referring to the Guardian link that you gave. 90% opinion and Guardian-speak, 10% fact.

I'm happy to pay my TV licence for a service that informs, educates and entertains as per its remit as a public service broadcaster. My dad was in the RAF and I spent a lot of my childhood overseas and I have a lot of affection for the BBC. The BBC world service continues to be respected the world over as an objective and impartial news source.

What I object greatly to (if you'll all forgive me harping on about it) is the apparent abdication of social responsibility by BBC News. They must know what effect the words 'panic buying' have, so why start their flagship 6pm programme on BBC1 with them if not for sensationalism?

Because if they didn’t they would be accused of “covering it up” and being biased in favour of government.

Last edited:
What about driving licences?

What about it? Should I point out one/two examples how common regulations fir public safety became gov money making licensing business?

I don’t see any drink driving brits getting stopped and controlled Friday/Saturday night on the way back from pubs/clubs?

Aaa I know, possibly DVLA it’s to leach money on fines for everyone else who actually care to have driving licence, because I see plenty of in face blind drivers who should not to drive car.

What about it? Should I point out one/two examples how common regulations fir public safety became gov money making licensing business?

I don’t see any drink driving brits getting stopped and controlled Friday/Saturday night on the way back from pubs/clubs?
I don't either. It's fairly rare nowadays because they are more likely to get caught and also to lose their licences. What point are you trying to make?
Aaa I know, possibly DVLA it’s to leach money on fines for everyone else who actually care to have driving licence, because I see plenty of in face blind drivers who should not to drive car.
Right! Have you got one yourself?

I don't either. It's fairly rare nowadays because they are more likely to get caught and also to lose their licences. What point are you trying to make?
Right! Have you got one yourself?

I have trained to commune on public road. That’s The Law.

Don’t deviate from subject of “Gov licensing” to “being trained how to comply with the law”.
As Anarchist I believe Gov wants everyone to forget its place in 3 side devision of power.
That is done by non-education of children of their place in society and responsibility it takes to be a member of a nation. indoctrination that we are under government control, like licensing for pets for £££. If you want to compare both, please introduce 2 week intensive training HOW TO CARE FOR PETS to get licence to pet owner.

How far government will go to let common sense to die to be able to increase control of it’s employer?? (Refers to Government role assign by the will of a nation, to govern services for the nation, not to control and restrict the nation to fit their current plans of increasing of a control)

Last edited:
I have trained to commune on public road. That’s The Law.

Don’t deviate from Gov licences to being trained how to comply with law.
As Anarchist I believe Gov want everyone to forgot it’s place in 3 side devision of power.
That is done by non-education of children for their place in society and responsibility it takes to be a member of nation, and indoctrination that we are under government control, like licensing for pets for £££. If you want to compare both, please introduce 2 week intensive training HOW TO CARE FOR PETS to get licence to pet owner.

How far government will go to let common sense to die to be able to increase control of it’s employer??
I think you may have a point about some sort of training for prospective dog owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back