Bargain of the day!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never felt comfortable using aliexpress, just doesn't feel like a legit site.
I used to share your concerns but have started using it more and more recently. As long as you don't mind waiting for the item/s it's no different to any other online transaction really. Whilst they host many sellers, the transaction goes through aliexpress and its all secure. You get very detailed updates on the logistics of the parcels and generally comms between the sellers is very good.

Scrolling through amazon yesterday I came across this and figured that for £12.99 I can't go wrong
View attachment 131050

It arrived this afternoon and I'm not disappointed, at a minimum I've got a load of sanding discs, probably won't need the super high 800+ grits but who knows I may go down the resin route at some point.

View attachment 131051
Scrolling through amazon yesterday I came across this and figured that for £12.99 I can't go wrong
View attachment 131050

It arrived this afternoon and I'm not disappointed, at a minimum I've got a load of sanding discs, probably won't need the super high 800+ grits but who knows I may go down the resin route at some point.

View attachment 131051
Thanks for info. Due to be delivered today. I intend to use the very fine grades on my car headlights which have become misty and faded. The small size of the discs and with the backing pad in my drill it should be ideal and should save a lot of hand rubbing. Hope so anyway 🤞

Stig,

Could you put on the Amazon link, please? I seem to get untold random suggestions when I search!!

Thanks.

Oh and P.S. one thing to be aware of with abranet- great product tho it is - when used on a hook and loop power sander, the hooks on the backing pad do get worn out relatively quickly, so lose grip. (No drama, just into, really)

That's good to know. It's a bit too big for the stuff I'm into - I use a Makita laminate trimmer. However, toying with the idea of building a table and using it as a spindle molder.
I have my Ryobi 2k inverted in a table works great and no problem with panel raising cutter 70mm dia ,Had mine for years dark blue model

I've never felt comfortable using aliexpress, just doesn't feel like a legit site. My go to choice for abrasives is abranet sanding mesh, I can cut a sheet of that into a few discs that will easily be gripped by the velcro. Interesting fact, velcro is actually the brand not the product, the product is called hook and loop fastener, the company actually dislikes the fact that everyone calls it velcro 🤷‍♂️
I don't like using AliExpress either - all Chinese rubbish....I use eBay instead...!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

The discs are ok, only 50mm, 2” dia, good for small repairs etc..
one slight niggle is that they don’t have the grit sizes printed on them, and they come all crammed together in a little plastic bag…
I made a 50mm handle, with Velcro glued on so it can be hand held…

£2 at a car boot…just needed a new battery…guy thought it was some sort of torch 😉
AE359134-BF8B-4B76-BF82-948C9877C203.jpeg

went to a local bottle bank yesterday and these were sat to one side! the bottle bank doesnt have a container for used batteries so me being the good citizen tokk them home to be disposed of some time in the future.............................. (so far two have charged, how well the may hold a charge ?? but havent tried the others yet...)
20220325_184410.jpg

update, 4 have taken a charge so far...

Last edited:
Scrolling through the local sales sites I came across someone offering a brand new unused electric plane for £5, a couple of "downsides" being its not exactly a great brand and slightly more importantly it doesn't work, so I messaged the guy and he said he had bought it online and when it arrived it didn't work so he complained and got his money back but they never asked him to return the plane. So I bought it, got it home and plugged it in and it didn't work, my first thought was to check the fuse so undone the plug and found the problem, no fuse 🤦 I stuck a fuse in and plugged it in, I now have a brand new working plane and it only cost me £5
20220810_161825.jpg

Latest posts

Back