Bandsaw woes and Tuffcut blades mini-review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":2z5ki9s7 said:
big soft moose":2z5ki9s7 said:
there's this really good bandsaw dvd you can buy that shows you how to set the saw up and stop that happening.... now what was that guys name again :lol: :lol:

Steve somebody I think - maybe I'll have a look around to see if I can find something to jog my memory for you BSM :)

Miles

Ho Yuss!

My copy of the set arrived this morning (thanks Mr. M. for a very fast turnaround!). As a complete novice bandsaw user I found Steve's advice clear, simple and enormously useful. I've just spent a happy couple of hours watching, and feel compelled to go cut something up forthwith!

Thank you Steve - a very enjoyable way to be educated!

I do sometimes Rob, but usually have my steelies on in the workshop, there's some big lumps of wood in there and it wouldn't half hurt :lol:

It's not sweet chestnut Chas, I've got a fair bit of that, this stuff is much denser and finer/closer grained and rock hard. Came from my old dad's garden a few years ago and looks like a hedgrerow type trunk. Pretty sure it's hawthorn but curious in case it might be something else :-k

Cheers, Paul :D

Paul, difficult to tell from pics alone but that timber looks a lot like the English Ash I'm currently working, some of it is surprisingly heavy and abrasive on edge tools.

paulm":283v1dy8 said:
I do sometimes Rob, but usually have my steelies on in the workshop, there's some big lumps of wood in there and it wouldn't half hurt :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D
On the occasion I'm thinking of Paul, I didn't have steelies on and your timber was heavy :lol: - Rob

Back