Bandsaw Tyre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoStu

Established Member
Reaction score
Went out into the workshop this morning to make some pen blanks and my bandsaw decided to throw the top tyre off. I've not had this before so promptly put it back on and it did it again, so I tried a third time and it did it again. I'm either doing something wrong, or has it worn out and I need a new tyre? The machine is about 3 years old so ~I'm hopeful it is just a wear and tear type issue.

This is on an Axminster HBS250N so I hope spares should be easily sourced if that is what is required. Hopefully you knowledgeable folks will know and if required I can pop off to Axminster today.

Thanks in advance

Maybe you could try and put it on again... as it sounds like you've got the hang of it,
and try hand turning the (new) blade for a bit.
Does the blade stay on the wheels?
I would be keen to keep it if I could as changing just the one could be troublesome.

What material is it?
If its rubber I'd glue it back on, and if it's urethane just use some hairspray as glue as it bonds it chemically.

Good luck
Tom

It's rubber and if I hand turn it, it seems to be fine. Switch the power on and within 20 seconds it's come off - and that's just the saw running without me pushing anything through it.

That blade could be trash now, Have you used another blade on it, turning it by hand only as not to wreck the
new blade on it?
If it seems sound, I would be tempted to buy some slow drying epoxy or other adhesives for tires...
Scottandsargeant have some suitable stuff, so you should be able in a much smaller quantity,
3M makes some rubber and gasket adhesive also that's good too.

Tom

Thanks Tom, the blade seems ok. I've taken the wheel out, superglued the tyre back on and it seems to be ok. I've cut some pine and an unknown hardwood and it seems to behaving. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back