bandsaw motor help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S6 - Continuous Operation Duty

A sequence of identical duty cycles, each consisting of a period of operation at constant load and a period of operation on no load (i.e. motor still running but unloaded).

The abbreviation S6 is followed by the cyclic duration factor

e.g. S6 - 40 percent.

So the saw can run at 1.5kw output for 40% of the time??Or am i totally wrong again :)

A V belt pulley held on by grubscrews is rather non U engineering, even if you do have a keyway. This will wear quite rapidly at 2Hp if you try to cut it by hand. PLEASE get yourself a new taperlock bush and pulley to suit your new motor. If it's a small A section pulley, probably cost you around a tenner. If that's all greek to you give these people a ring first to check:

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Transmissions-1001-c

have a look to check prices, too.

Yep! They are the easy on and off jobbies and will certainly transmit what you want to transmit Bob and no key cutting. Which on a lathe is feasible but slow and tedious.
Only for us lathe nuts really.

Roy.

What is pcd (pulley centre diameter/pitch centre diameter?)in relation to pulley size?
The pulley i have is 89mm outside diameter and the groove bottom diameter is 59mmI assume the belt wont go in right to the bottom of the groove but rather be wedged somewhere above it.

That's correct, the belt grips the flanks of the 'Vee'.
The answer to your question Bob is that it doesn't really matter. Normally all I have specified to a supplier is the OD of the pulley and the belt type, A B or C, and whether it was a single pulley or a multi type.

Roy.

Thanks Roy,the pulley has some numbers on it and B43 stamped on it,is that type B then?

I wouldn't like to guess on that. Belt types vary by their width, if you can tell me the width of the original belt I'll be able to answer.

Roy.

The above should read the pulley belt has the numbers on it.
The belts around 15mm at the top/wide part.

Doubt if a B section 89mm OD pulley with a taperloc bush on a 24mm shaft exists. I can't find my gates catalogue right now
Happy to be proven wrong though.

Bob

The trick then 9F is to obtain a pulley that will fit the shaft, remove the front flange and attach it to your chosen pulley with M/C screws. Where there's a will there's a way, (usually!)

Roy.

Latest posts

Back