Bandsaw Box Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_N

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to Bandsaw Box plans?

I've bought a couple of books and made quite a few of the boxes. But I want to make more. I've been searching the web but plans don't seem that readily available.

And before anyone suggests drawing my own plans - I absolutely suck at drawing!

Thanks

Rich

You probably 'suck at drawing' simply because you haven't done enough! My father said to me when I was about 9 or so (ye gods, over 70 years ago!) "If you can draw it, lad, you can make it" - seldom a truer word!

I used to 'sketch' each project -- back of envelope stuff -- but I now use CorelDRAW! & SketchUp and always spend a great deal of time at the design/drawing stage often before I even consider the materials I intend to use. I'll admit that I find this part equally - if not more - enjoyable as the actual making.

My advise would be to at the very minimum get to grips with sketching directly on to paper, but, since you presumably have a PC, get an old copy of CorelDRAW!, say V8 -V11, via eBay and spend some time with that - you don't need the esoteric advanced features of the latest version. Also download a copy of SketchUp 2014 which can still be obtained FOC - PM me if you need a pointer.

By designing your own projects you get to know all (well, most of) the pitfalls before you commit to materials.

Plans for bandsawn boxes is kinda like taking coal to Newcastle. The whole point of them is a bit of free expression. Working off a plan is just a copy of someone else's work. With a rough idea in your head, grab some lump of wood and saw away. I have only made a few but as near to a plan I got was some rough pencil outlines on the wood. Was a nice change not having to measure things.
bandsaw box 003.JPGbandsaw box 004.JPGbandsaw box 006.JPGbandsaw box 005.JPG

Regards
John

Latest posts

Back