Bandsaw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly what are you intending to cut ? Resaw blades start at over in 1 inch in width as what you have described is a narrow bandsaw blade . Describing what is the best soley depends on what you are cutting .

Hi
Agree with the above.
Resaw blades start over 1" in width. Or some suppliers 1"1/4
A blade is very personal relating to depth of cut, timber being cut, and finish required.
The correct Tpi is defind by the above.
Resaw design in narrow bandsaws would be a skip tooth design not the conventional alternate tooth type.

Hi,

I'll happily say go to Ian at Tuffsaws.

Am not sure how big your bandsaw is but I'm using a 3/4" x 3 tpi from Ian to do all sorts of cutting - very happy with it. Ian seemed to suggest that it was more important to use a reasonable width blade at a high tension than an oversize one that the machine cannot fully tension.

Mind you, I think that I could use a bigger blade on this but the 3/4" really does work well.

IMG_0102Medium.jpg

+1 for Ian @ Tuffsaws, he gives excellent comprehensive advice and takes the time to make sure he knows exactly what you need

Does anyone know whos brand he uses?? Lots of blades come from US now and we have lots of tooling guys near us who simply weld them to size.
Might be better on price for same bit of kit.

OwenRS":3s0ct55m said:
Does anyone know whos brand he uses?? Lots of blades come from US now and we have lots of tooling guys near us who simply weld them to size.

From memory the M42 blades I've had from Ian are made by starrett but I may be wrong. He does offer a good service but then again so do many other companies supplying bandsaw blades - NLS is one that springs to mind and I'm guessing that Appelby may be able to supply bandsaw blades too :roll: FWIW, I've used them for planer blades and others I know have used them for spindle moulder cutters and have been very pleased with the service they've received. (no connection etc. just a satisfied customer)

Yeah, well it's the quality of the weld that's kinda the important bit, innit... You pays your money, you takes your choice.

OwenRS":2zic06np said:

Some of the M42 that I sell is manufactured by Starrett, but I use 3 or 4 different manufacturers as some are better than others at certain types of materials/widths/tooth pitches etc.
A lot of the blades that I sell are manufactured to my specifications though so you won't find anyone else selling them.
It means that I've got to buy massive coils of the stuff, but I'm getting the blades made exactly how I want and hardly anything comes from the US.

It's taken 25 years of working in the saw industry to come up with the range of blades that I now sell and a lot of testing of different tooth shapes etc to find out what works and what doesn't and I've got a range of blades that I genuinely think is hard to beat - quality and price wise.

I've tried to price them to be as fair as possible and I think the blades are very competitively priced and are a lot cheaper than lesser quality blades that are on the market - I can source cheaper material, but it's not just about price, it's about a quality product and quality service, both of which I try to provide.

The amount of return customers and recommendations that I get hopefully shows that I'm trying to go about things the right way :D

Ian

Back